Dr. Steven Quay, M.D., Ph.D.
- Comment: Suspicious that this draft was created by an IP and subsequently edited by eight IPs, all of whom have only edited this draft. No declarations of PAID or COI. Two of the IPs had removed the three Declined notices. David notMD (talk) 08:38, 18 July 2021 (UTC)
|Dr. Steven Quay, M.D., Ph.D.|
|🏫 Education||University of Michigan|
Anatomic Pathology Specialist
|🏅 Awards||Distinguished Alumnus, Department of Biological Chemistry, The University of Michigan|
Dr. Steven Quay is an American scientist known for his work in the area of breast cancer research that impacted treatment of the disease. He is an inventor on 87 US patents. He is the Chairman & Chief Scientific Officer at Silverleaf Resorts., Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer of Atossa HealthCare, and President & Chief Executive Officer at Sonus Pharmaceuticals.
Early years and education
Quay grew up in Northville and Sparta, Michigan. He attended the Clark Honors College of Western Michigan University, where he earned a BA degree, and then attended the University of Michigan, receiving an MS and PhD in biochemistry and an MD. He was a postdoctoral fellow at MIT with Nobel Laureate H. Gobind Khorana, a resident at the Harvard-MGH Hospital, and was on the faculty of Stanford University School of Medicine.
Quay has been cited 300+ contributions to medicine and referenced more than 9,000 times, placing him in the top 1% of scientists globally. He the Chief Executive Officer of Atossa Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics and delivery methods for breast cancer and other breast conditions. He founded six startups, invented seven FDA-approved pharmaceuticals, and holds 87 US patents.
- Omniscan (gadodiamide)
- Teslascan (Mangafodipir)
- Nascobal (cyanocobalamin) Nasal Spray
- Calcitonin Nasal Spray
- Pandemic Survival Manual, A Physician’s Guide to Keep You and Your Family Healthy During the Pandemic and Beyond.
- Nipple Aspirate Fluid Exfoliative Cytopathology and Molecular Biomarkers: Current Role in the Management of Breast Health
- Intranasal delivery: physicochemical and therapeutic aspects
- HR Costantino, L Illum, G Brandt, PH Johnson, SC Quay International journal of pharmaceutics 337 (1-2)
- The relationship between thermodynamics and the toxicity of gadolinium complexes, Magnetic resonance imaging 8 (4)
- Tumor shedding and coagulation, AM Bitzer Science 212 (4497)
- Preclinical evaluation of MnDPDP: new paramagnetic hepatobiliary contrast agent for MR imaging, Radiology 178 (1)
- Renin synthesis by canine aortic smooth muscle cells in culture, Re, JT Fallon, V Dzau, SC Quay, E Haber, Life sciences 30 (1), 99-106
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Northwest, Ernst & Young, 2005, Nastech Pharmaceuticals
- Entrepreneur of the Year, Northwest, Ernst & Young, 1998, Sonus Pharmaceuticals
- Merrill Wiseman Award in Biology, Western Michigan University
- Carbetocin nasal spray for treating autism
- Peptide drug discovery platform: The Trp Cage Phage Display
- Second generation Omega-3 formulations
- An RNAi drug and drug delivery platform
- Ophthalmic drops for the treatment of keratoconus
- Quorum-sensing vaccines for treating intractable infections
- "About that claim that "SARS-CoV-2 is not a natural zoonosis but instead is laboratory derived" « Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science". statmodeling.stat.columbia.edu. Retrieved 2021-04-30.
- "Breast Cancer Awareness with Dr. Steven Quay". WFLA. 2020-10-05. Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- "Steven Quay, MD, PhD". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2021-06-07.
- "ATOS Company Profile & Executives - Atossa Therapeutics Inc. - Wall Street Journal". www.wsj.com. Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- "Steven - Quay - PMWC Precision Medicine World Conference". Steven - Quay - PMWC Precision Medicine World Conference. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- "Atossa Therapeutics CEO Dr. Steven Quay to Participate in Panel Discussion at Cello Health's Cancer Progress Virtual Conference on May 6, 2021". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2021-04-30.
- "Steven Quay SARS COVID origins". Marketwatch. Unknown parameter
- Correas, J. M.; Quay, S. D. (February 1996). "EchoGen emulsion: a new ultrasound contrast agent based on phase shift colloids". Clinical Radiology. 51 Suppl 1: 11–14. ISSN 0009-9260. PMID 8605764.
- "Optison" (PDF). FDA. Unknown parameter
- "Bristol-Myers-Squibb, Amersham Health share patent rights". AuntMinnie.com. Retrieved 2021-06-07.
- "The only FDA-approved prescription VITAMIN B12 NASAL SPRAY". Dr. Steven Quay, MD, PHD. Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- Avioli, L. V. (October 1996). "Salmon calcitonin nasal spray : An effective alternative to estrogen therapy in select postmenopausal women". Endocrine. 5 (2): 115–127. doi:10.1007/BF02738696. ISSN 1355-008X. PMID 21153101.
- "New COVID-19 Survival Manual Offers Tips from Renowned Physician Scientist to Keep You and Your Family Healthy During the Pandemic". AP NEWS. 2020-08-27. Retrieved 2021-05-14.
- Quay, Steven; Chen, Shu-Chih (2016-03-03). Nipple Aspirate Fluid Exfoliative Cytopathology and Molecular Biomarkers: Current Role in the Management of Breast Health. BookBaby. ISBN 978-0-9968496-0-9. Search this book on
This article "Steven Quey" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Steven Quey. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.