StrategEast Westernization Index
The StrategEast Westernization Index measures the rate of Westernization – compliance with the basic Western values – in public and political life, economy, culture, and lifestyle, and covers all post-Soviet countries, except the Russian Federation. The research was conducted and published in 2018 by StrategEast, a US-based organization.
About Strategic center for political and diplomatic solutions
StrategEast is a Washington-based think and do tank. StrategEast work is focused on the 14 countries, which proclaimed or restored their independence after the collapse of the USSR: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
To designate this region, StrategEast uses the abbreviation PSNR (Post Soviet Non-Russian).
StartegEast’s proclamed goal is to create closer working ties between political and business leaders in PSNR countries and their peers in the U.S. and Western Europe.
Founder and President - Anatoly Motkin
CEO - Amb. Michael Brodsky
Horton Beebe-Center, Eurasia Foundation
Michael Haltzel, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies
Daniel A. Witt, International Tax and Investment Center
The center analyzed the development of 14 countries of the post-Soviet non-Russian region (PSNR) in five categories. It considered political, economic, legal, language, and cultural westernization as well as the westernization of the country's lifestyles. According to the center, it decided to not study Russia for this analysis because it wants to focus on smaller countries who have received less attention than Russia in similar international studies. The third President of Poland, Aleksander Kwaśniewski, in his foreword to the Westernization Index says: “…The study deeply analyzes the factors that contribute to the development of countries in the transition period, and gives the West recipes - how to most effectively support institutions that steadily serve the interests of the inhabitants of the region."
SCORES (BASED ON A 1–100 SCALE)
- "Georgia - the fourth in the "Westernization Index-2018"". Retrieved 2018-04-07.
- "StrategEast launches new index measuring Western transition in post-Soviet states".
- "Американцы объявили Азербайджан прагматиком - не наш рейтинг".
- "Беларусь заняла 11 место в индексе вестернизации постсоветских стран, попав в группу "балансирующих прагматиков"".
- "Рейтинг: самые прозападные страны Центральной Азии".
- "Молдова является "декларативно про-западной" в Индексе Вестернизации постсоветских стран".
- "Украину назвали "декларативно прозападной" в Индексе вестернизации постсоветских стран".
- "Ukraine less westernized than Baltic States, Moldova, Georgia - research |". 2018-04-06.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?".
- "Board of Directors".
- "Report: Estonia most westernized country among former Soviet republics". 2018-04-30.
- "Новый "Индекс Вестернизации постсоветских стран": Латвия на третьем месте".
- "StrategEast Westernization Index 2018" (PDF).
|This sociology-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "StrategEast Westernization Index" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:StrategEast Westernization Index. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.