The subcontrabassoon is an instrument proposed and in development by Richard Bobo; it is a member of the bassoon family one octave below the contrabassoon. The range of the instrument once developed will be from A-1 to F2. The subcontrabassoon will be a true 32 foot instrument, designed to be the true subcontrabass of any ensemble. The subcontrabassoon will be 1.92m (6'4") at full height, weighing 16kg (32lb).
(Double-reeded aerophone with keys)
|Developed||Early 21st Century|
Search Subcontrabassoon on Amazon.
There have been several compositions for the subcontrabassoon:
- "Waking up from sleep", Robert Rønnes
- "Serenade Op. 33", Mattias Hutter
- "The Kraken Sleepeth", Daniel Powers
- "Fantasie Op. 40", Mattias Hutter
- "Symphony no. 2, The Forest of Dreams", Bret Newton
The first subcontrabassoon is in production, with a full set of pads, and most parts already 3D modeled and printed.
This article "Subcontrabassoon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Subcontrabassoon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Bobo, Richard. "Subcontrabassoon". www.subcontrabassoon.com. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- Saturday, Miss Cellania; October 28; PM, 2017 at 3:59. "Building a Subcontrabassoon". Neatorama. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- "Adagio (Rønnes, Robert) - IMSLP: Free Sheet Music PDF Download". imslp.org. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- R Rønnes Adagio For SubContraBassoon and Bassoon Quartet 2014, retrieved 2019-12-09
- Subcontrabassoon excerpts from Hutter Serenade, retrieved 2019-12-09
- Subcontrabassoon Project - Pads, retrieved 2019-12-09