Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
SwachhAbility Run is a Global campaign started in 2016, which is carrying a strong message about two important causes – inclusion of Divyangs (people with disabilities) as equals and Clean India.. After conducting the run the participants undertake a cleanliness drive to make the surroundings clean. It has two sub events: 10 km and 3 km run. The 10 km run is open for all and the 3 km run is for school children and for anyone who wishes to run a shorter distance.
The event is conceptualised by Maj D. P. Singh (runner) (retd) who is a Kargil War Veteran and India’s First Blade Runner. He wants to inculcate the spirit of inclusion and acceptance amongst the citizens.
SwachhAbility Run 2016 commenced in Chandigarh on November 27. The specially abled veterans and school students participated in the event and on finishing the run, they cleaned an area in the cleanliness drive. After Chandigarh, the cities of Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Panipat, Sonipat and Delhi hosted the event and it culminated in Noida on December 3
The second edition of the JK Cement Swachh Ability Run had over 13,000 participants. The run was flagged off on November 5 in Goa. It moved on to Belagavi, Hubballi, Mangaluru and Bengaluru. After the run, the participants took part in the cleanliness drive in each city
- Organised By: The Challenging Ones
- Title Sponsor: JK Cement LTD.
- Running Partner: Proton Sports
- Media Partner: My Nation
- Ticketing Partner: CityWoofer
- Digital Partner: Bigrox Media
- Supported By: Accessible India Campaign
- National Media Partner: Republic World
- Radio Partner: RadioCity.in
- Supporting Partner: Flag Of Honour
The entire event concludes with the SwachhAbility Awards to honour the divyangs who have shown exemplary courage and defeated all odds to come out victorious in their lives.
- "JK Cement Swachhability Run". The Economic Times. The Economic Times. 23 December 2016.
- "'Swachh-Ability Run' flagged off". The Tribune. 28 November 2016.
- "JK Cement Swachh Ability Run". JK Cement LTD. 6 December 2016.
- "'13,000 took part in SwachhAbility Run". The Indian Express. 22 November 2017.
- "Awards To Recognise, Honor And Encourage Specially Abled Swachh Warriors". NDTV. December 28, 2017.
This article "SwachhAbility Run" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:SwachhAbility Run. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.