Swiss School of Management
|Motto||We create Leaders|
|President||Dr. Massimo Bracalé|
International Accreditation Council for Business Education
Council for Higher Education Accreditation
International Association of Universities
Swiss School of Management is a management school headquartered in Bellinzona, Switzerland.
The head office of school is still based in Switzerland but made a decision to move the academic arm to Rome in Italy in 2002 as Switzerland is not part of the European Union. By moving into Italy, SSM students benefitted from EU policy which grants students the ability to travel and work without a visa within its 27 member countries in the EU.
Bachelor of Business Administration
The Swiss School of Management's Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a three-year, full-time, 180-ECTS degree. Classes are taught by trained professors who follow an international curriculum. Internships, corporate visits and excursions, forums and symposia, guest speaker presentations/webinars, e-conferences, and other activities are also available to students. The program concludes with the submission and defense of a thesis on a business-related topic of the student's choice. Students who finish the program successfully get a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the Swiss School of Management.
It uses a unique approach to team-based online learning because they feel it matches today's modern workplace. The Bachelor of Business Administration degree at the Swiss School of Management will prepare students for worldwide employment options by training them for the world of global business.
Master Degree Programs
Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) and Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) have accredited the Swiss School of Management MBA and EMBA programmes.
The Swiss School of Management MBA program is also recognized by the Department of Veterans Affairs in the United States, EduQua (the Swiss Quality Certification label, authorized by the Swiss Federal Government for higher and continuing education institutions) among others.
Its students study leadership, business, entrepreneurship, and management concepts throughout the MBA program, which may be applied to any management function in a variety of sectors. In addition, the Swiss School of Management provides all students with practical experience leading groups and classroom discussions, lectures, company visits, visiting speakers, self-assessment activities, and resume/internship counseling as part of their internationally accredited and award winning MBA program. Students will be studying in Rome, allowing them to take advantage of what Italy and EU's study and work policy has to offer.
Other postgraduate programs includes Master in Luxury Management, Innovation & Change and the Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The Swiss School of Management is regarded as one of the world's top management schools, so their doctorate programs are relevant, rich in content, academically competitive, and in accordance with national and international rigorous standards. It meets the standards of the European Qualification Framework EQF Level 8 and the programs are globally certified by international accreditation organizations such as IACBE.
Doctoral candidates are supervised by highly experienced academics with a track record in their area of ability through both doctorate programs and all supervisors are doctorate holders who are allocated to applicants depending on the subject of their study. Throughout the process, the supervisor advises and assists the DBA and PhD applicant. Doctoral candidates are confronted with essential coursework to work on research skills. All SSM candidates are supported throughout their DBA and PhD journey by their supervisor and a dedicated mentor.
The focus at the Swiss School of Management Research Center is on research, doctoral programs, and blended and distance learning. The school values research and its research agenda has a lot to do with competitiveness, social and economic development in organizations, regions, and even countries. It endorses their candidates to do fundamental research during their PhD studies and applied research on their DBA journey at the highest levels of quality.
Relevant research projects may be at the level of businesses, industries, and countries. Its doctoral graduates have studied subjects such as global value chains, industry development, the competitiveness of countries and industries, the impact of the financial sector (including micro-finance), logistics, high-performance organizations and corporate social responsibility.
Accreditations and Memberships
Ministry of Education Accreditation
International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
The Swiss School of Management was granted reaffirmation of accreditation of the business and management programs on March 30-31, 2020, by the Board of Commissioners of the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
It is also certified by EduQua, a reputed Swiss quality certification for higher education institutes recognized by Swiss Government. Currently, there are more than one thousand schools, institutions and academies which are accredited and EduQua-ceritified.
Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
Swiss School of Management is Accredited by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).  CHEA is a United States organization of degree-granting colleges and universities. It identifies its purpose as providing national advocacy for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation in order to certify the quality of higher education accrediting organizations, including regional, faith-based, private, career, and programmatic accrediting organizations
International Association of Universities
The Swiss School of Management is a UNESCO-approved institution, through the International Association of Universities.
The International Association of Universities is a membership-led non-governmental organization working in the field of higher education. It comprises more than 650 higher education institutions and organizations in some 130 countries. IAU is an official partner of UNESCO.
US Department of Veteran Affairs
The US Department of Veterans Affairs has given full accreditation to the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programs of the Swiss School of Management. The school accepts GI Bills. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs is a federal cabinet-level agency that provides integrated life-long healthcare services to eligible military veterans at the 1700 VA medical centres and outpatient clinics located throughout the country.
The school is also a member of BUSINET, a group of higher education business institutions founded in 1987. Currently, it has 121 members in more thirty-five countries.
The Swiss School of Management has been ranked highly by many reputed publications. Yahoo! Finance included the school in its global ranking of management schools as one of the top three management schools in Europe.
The school dominates the Yahoo! Finance ranking because of heavyweight-based on weighted salary and career progress for its alumni. The school provides best value of money with the average salary increase of its graduates between 125 percent and 232 percent. Its alumni have praised the school for excellent personal development and career opportunities.
The Swiss School of Management is recognised as one of the top five management schools in the 2020 ranking by Yahoo! Finance. The news was also reported in overseas media, such as Sohu News and Tencent News in Asia.
Washington Magazine has cited that alumni often praise the school for providing excellent career opportunities and personal development.
The Swiss School of Management has partnered with various institutions around the world to deliver quality education. These include:
- Collaboration with EM Alger Business School in Sidi-Yahia, Algeria
- Collaboration with UCL Leuven in Leuven, Belgium
- Collaboration Agreement signed with Confederazione Europea Piccole Imprese (CEPI) in Rome, Italy
- Collaboration with Dublin Business School in Dublin, Ireland
- Collaboration with Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft in Berlin, Germany
- Collaboration with Mittelstands University of Applied Sciences in Bielefeld, Germany
- Collaboration with Malvern International Academy, Malaysia
- Collaboration with Limburg Graduate School of Business in Utrecht, Netherlands
- Collaboration with ISASS in Barcelona, Spain
- Collaboration with EDEM Business School in Valencia, Spain
- Collaboration with AI Big Data Education Center in Seoul, South Korea
- Collaboration with Vanguard College, Singapore
- Collaboration with Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom 
- Articulation agreement with Lincoln University in California, USA
- Collaboration with The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute in Arusha, Tanzania
- Collaboration with Marmara University in Istanbul, Turkey
Notable staff and alumni
- Massimiliano Bracale, founding president and chairman
- Ron Jabal, chief executive officer (CEO) of Pageone Group
- Kevin Tom Ochieng, president and co-founder of Koch Intl.
- Dr. Otete Albert Richards, board member of National Information Technology Authority, Uganda
- Md. Saidur, APAC regional ambassador at United Nations
- Thuy Nhat Minh Vo - Lecturer, Hoa Sen University
- Trefor Murphy, chief executive officer (CEO) and founder of Cooper Fitch Inc.
- Dia Sunna, general manager of Sydney Hotel Amman
- Mariela Osorio, founder and creative director of Mains De Vapeur
- Reema Sharma, chief executive officer (CEO) of HFRnews Inc.
- John Basera, permanent secretary at the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Resettlement in Zimbabwe
- Rasha Tantawy, head of Entrepreneurship, Information Technology Industry Development Agency, Cairo
- "Swiss School of Management, Rome Italy in Italy". www.masterstudies.com.
- "Freedom of movement in the EU". www.citizensinformation.ie.
- "Bachelor of Business Administration". Swiss School of Management.
- "Academics". Swiss School of Management.
- "Doctoral Programs". Swiss School of Management.
- "Risk, resilience, and rebalancing in global value chains | McKinsey". www.mckinsey.com.
- STUDIOS, EMIS. "USR Lazio - Risultati ricerca". www.usrlazio.it.
- "IACBE". IACBE.
- "Home | Council for Higher Education Accreditation". www.chea.org.
- "World Higher Education Database (WHED) Portal". www.whed.net.
- "Businet". Swiss School of Management. May 13, 2019.
- "2020年欧洲管理学院排名_腾讯新闻". new.qq.com.
- "Higher Education Accrediting Organization Releases Global Ranking of Management Schools for the Year 2020". sg.finance.yahoo.com.
- "瑞士管理学院跻身2020年全球管理学院排名前五名_欧洲". www.sohu.com.
- "2020年全球管理学院概况- MBAChina网". www.mbachina.com.
- Management, Swiss School of. "Swizterland's only Management School, Swiss School of Management, joins the Top 5 Global Management Schools in 2020 rank". Issuewire.
- "Learning Centers". Swiss School of Management.
- "Collaboration with EM Alger Business School". Swiss School of Management. June 4, 2020.
- "Collaboration with UCL Leuven". Swiss School of Management. December 2, 2020.
- "Collaboration Agreement signed with CEPI". Swiss School of Management. June 1, 2020.
- "Collaboration with Dublin Business School". Swiss School of Management. March 14, 2019.
- "Collaboration with Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin". Swiss School of Management. November 22, 2019.
- "Collaboration with Mittelstands University of Applied Sciences". Swiss School of Management. December 21, 2020.
- "Collaboration with Malvern International Academy in Malaysia". Swiss School of Management. March 1, 2019.
- "Collaboration with ISASS in Barcelona". Swiss School of Management. October 22, 2020.
- "Collaboration with EDEM Business School in Valencia". Swiss School of Management. February 10, 2021.
- "Collaboration with AI Big Data Education Center". Swiss School of Management. April 15, 2021.
- "Collaboration with Vanguard College Singapore". Swiss School of Management. September 22, 2020.
- "Top-Up Degree from Leeds Metropolitan University at New College Durham". Swiss School of Management. March 2, 2019.
- "Articulation agreement with Lincoln University, California". Swiss School of Management. November 22, 2019.
- "The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute". Swiss School of Management. March 15, 2019.
- "Collaboration with Marmara University". Swiss School of Management. March 11, 2019.