Ted B. Morton
|Member of the Erie County Legislature|
from the 8th district
January 1, 2014 – January 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Terrance McCracken|
|Succeeded by||John Bruso|
March 6, 1959
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||University at Buffalo|
Ted B. Morton (born March 6, 1959) is an American politician who served as a member of the Erie County, New York Legislature from the 8th district, which encompasses the towns of Cheektowaga and Lancaster.
Prior to serving in the Legislature, Morton unsuccessfully ran for the New York State Assembly against Assemblyman Paul Tokasz in 1996 and then against Legislator Thomas J. Mazur for Legislature in 2009. In 2011, he challenged incumbent Cheektowaga Town Supervisor Mary Holtz in her bid for re-election, and was handily defeated.
Erie County Legislature
Morton was elected to the Erie County Legislature in 2013, garnering 56% of the vote in a three-way race.
The Erie County Democratic Committee brought charges against Morton for having filing issues during his 2013 election bid. He was fined for borrowing money from clients of his defunct financial planning firm.
During his time in the Legislature, Morton fell ill and was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital.
Legislator Morton was re-elected in 2015 with 54%, and was on every ballot line except for the Democratic Party.
He lost re-election in 2017 to politcial newcomer John Bruso.
Morton currently works at the Erie County Board of Elections as an election inspector recruiter.
- "Our Campaigns – Erie County Legislature 08 Race – Nov 03, 2009". ourcampaigns.com.
- "Our Campaigns – NY Assembly 143 Race – Nov 05, 1996". ourcampaigns.com.
- March 17, Bee Group Newspapers; 2011. "GOP candidate wants shake-up in town system – Cheektowaga Bee". cheektowagabee.com. Text " on" ignored (help)
- "Our Campaigns – Erie County Legislature 08 Race – Nov 05, 2013". ourcampaigns.com.
- Fairbanks, Phil (November 23, 2018). "Former Erie County legislator appeals ethics ruling".
- "Morton Re-Explaining Defunct Business After Ethics". WGRZ.
- Staff (February 18, 2015). "Erie County Legislator Ted B. Morton rushed to hospital".
- "Our Campaigns – Erie County Legislature 08 Race – Nov 03, 2015". ourcampaigns.com.
- "Our Campaigns – Erie County Legislature 08 Race – Nov 07, 2017". ourcampaigns.com.
- Sandra Tan (January 17, 2018). "Former Erie County legislator Morton gets job at Board of Elections".
- "The Voter's Self Defense System". Vote Smart.
This article "Ted B. Morton" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ted B. Morton. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.