The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics
This article needs to be updated.October 2017)(
The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics (or THINCS) is a group of scientists, physicians, and other academicians from around the world who dispute the widely accepted ((needs evidence)lipid hypothesis of atherosclerosis. THINCS was founded in January 2003, and its founder and current spokesman is Uffe Ravnskov.
THINCS members dispute the scientific consensus (citations needed to support this assertion) linking Saturated fat and cardiovascular disease and assert that the lipid hypothesis is not adequately proven by the evidence.
Harriet Hall in the Skeptical Inquirer has noted:
There is the International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics (THINCS), a group that disputes the role of cholesterol in cardiovascular disease. They are led by Uffe Ravnskov, author of The Cholesterol Myths, and Malcolm Kendrick, author of The Great Cholesterol Con. They cherry-pick the scientific literature to find studies that support their theses, ignore the flaws in those studies, and ignore the vast body of literature that contradicts them.
- AIM-HIGH trial minimal effect of increasing HDL
- Lipid hypothesis the assertion that cholesterol LDL is "bad" HDL is "good" for preventing coronary artery disease
- Obesity & Overweight effects of excess body fat on heart & blood vessels
- Saturated fat and cardiovascular disease internationally orthodox medical advice
- Hall, Harriet. (2017). "Statin Denialism". Skeptical Inquirer. Retrieved November 28, 2018.
- Uffe Ravnskov, The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy that Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease (2000), ISBN 0-9670897-0-0 Search this book on ., ISBN 978-0-9670897-0-6 Search this book on ..
- Official website
- The Great Cholesterol Myth - Online essay
- Coronary Heart Disease Explained, from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
This article "The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.