Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
The Lottery Office
|Edit this InfoBox|
The Lottery Office Logo
|Industry||Lotteries in Australia|
|Headquarters||Darwin, Australia and Gold Coast, Australia|
|Products||Lottery and Lottery syndicate|
The Lottery Office is an Australian privately-owned and operated, online lottery operator licensed by the Government of the Northern Territory, Australia. It’s operated by a parent company, Global Players Network Pty Ltd, which has been licensed and regulated to operate lotteries since 2003. The Lottery Office is not affiliated with the operators of overseas lotteries.
History and overview
In June 2018, the Australian Federal Government passed legislation to ban lottery betting under the Interactive Gaming Act. It is now illegal for Australians to bet on the outcome of foreign lotteries, through operators like Lottoland. However, unlike 'lottery betting' companies, The Lottery Office does not allow players to bet on the outcome of a lottery draw. Instead, players receive a ticket from The Lottery Office who then purchase a matching ticket in the relevant overseas lottery draw.
The Lottery Office is the only lottery in Australia that allows Aussies to participate in foreign lottery draws, leaving anti-gambling associations concerned due to an increased interest in this mainstream lottery alternative, especially during Covid-19 lockdown. Matching tickets are purchased in the following international lotteries:
- Powerball (USA Power Lotto)
- Mega Millions (USA Mega Lotto)
- EuroMillions (European Millions)
- Eurojackpot (European Jackpot)
- SuperEnalotto (Italian Super Jackpot)
- Irish National Lottery (Irish Lotto)
- UK National Lottery (UK Lotto)
Licenses, auditing and compliance
Global Players Network is licensed in Australia, to market lottery products internationally via the internet and mail order. In 2003, then again in 2013, the company received a Lottery Business Licence (mail order) by the Government of the Northern Territory of Australia. In 2014, an Internet Gaming Licence was issued to GPN, by the Government of the Northern Territory of Australia.
To meet all regulatory requirements set out by the Northern Territory Government, Lottery companies must regularly undertake financial and operational audits. The Lottery Office additionally receives ongoing and contemporaneous auditing of customer orders against matching tickets purchased. Responsible gambling measures must be ensured for the safety of all players. Players must be over 18 years of age and utilise features such as weekly deposit limits, self-exclusion and take a break functions.
- "Lottery Office hits back on WA ban". The Australian. 2019-03-12. Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- "Lottery Office welcomes Lottoland investigations". InterGame. 2019-04-16. Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- "'Definitely not a grey area': Online operator skirts foreign lotto ban to offer $1 billion jackpot". News.com.au. 2019-03-28. Retrieved 2020-02-17.
- "Lockdown lotto spending doubles". savings.com.au. 19 May 2020. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Aussie Online Lottery Company Offers Convenience, Security and Multi-Million Dollar Jackpots". Calvin Ayre (Press release). 2014-10-15. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "Search the Public Register". Northern Territory Government of Australia - Public Register. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- "Northern Territory Code of Practice for Responsible Online Gambling". Australasian Gaming Council. 12 October 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2020.
Others articles of the Topics Companies AND Australia : Mountain Goat Beer, Creatures of Leisure (company)
Others articles of the Topic Companies : Save Ferris Studios, Bellevue Group, Vivaan Solar, Panasonic, Facebook, 4cabling, Dexecure
Others articles of the Topic Australia : December 2017 Melbourne car attack, List of Australasian boxing champions, Robert Buntine, Australian Wrestling Alliance, Western Australia, “Mr Juicy” Gino Gambino, Andy Harpas
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
Australia Category:Companies based in Darwin Category:Companies based in Brisbane
This article "The Lottery Office" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Lottery Office. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.