Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
The Mountains are Smoking (film)
|The Mountains are Smoking|
|Ukrainian: Гори димлять|
|Directed by||Boris Nebieridze|
|Produced by||I. Ivaschenko|
|Screenplay by||Roman Furtak|
|Based on||The Mountains are Smoking|
by Yaroslav Halan
|Starring||Ivan Gavrilyuk, |
|Music by||Oleg Kiva|
|Edited by||A. Gaponenko|
The Mountains are Smoking (in Ukrainian: Гори димлять) is a 1989 Soviet two-part television drama film based on Yaroslav Halan's 1938 story of the same name, produced by the Ukrtelefilm studios.
The events of the story take place in the 1930s, in a Hutsul village on the Polish-Romanian border in Pokuttia. A group of bandits under the leadership of the «noble robber» Ivan Semeniuk operates in this area. On the mountain road, the robbers kidnap the Austrian baroness Aurora, and require the men, who are escorting her, to pay a ransom of 20,000 lei until the next morning. Having received the ransom Semenyuk says to the baroness that he is going to give hiim oney to the needy.
Meanwhile, Olga, a priest’s daughter, makes her dying father a promise to marry his friend Martyn Pogodnyak, a Polish officer of the local border outpost. She keeps her promise and, after the funeral, they decide to marry. During the wedding ceremony, the river's flow carries her away. Ivan Semeniuk rescues Olga but the approach of the commandant forces him to flee.
Semenyuk lives on a farm with his wife Marichka, who is seriously concerned about his dangerous activities of robbers. In the evening, he comes to the wedding of Olga and Martyn. Ivan invites the bride to dance and kisses her in front of all the guests. The offended husband decides to catch the robber at all costs.
- Ivan Gavrilyuk — Ivan Semeniuk
- Olga Bityukova — Olga
- Les Serdyuk — Martyn Pogodnyak
- Nataliya Sumska — Marichka
- Taras Denisenko — Yura
- Larisa Belogurova — Baroness von Steinberg
- Igor Dmitriev — Baron von Steinberg
- Igor Krikunov — Dmytro the Gypsy
- Konstantin Stepankov — Vavzhak
- Petro Beniuk — Tovstun (Fatso)
- Merab Botsvadze — Vaskul
- Yuri Dubrovin — Palashchuk
- Lev Durov — Akhilesku
- Aleksandre Ioseliani — Petresku
- Valentin Makarov — Zholtansky
Vladimir Alekseyenko, David Babayev, Yelena Dranysh, Vladislav Kudiyevskiy, Tatyana Mitrushina, Yuriy Mysenkov, Dmitri Nalivaichuk, Osip Nayduk, Boris Romanov, Vasiliy Shershun, Igor Starikov.
- Nina Matviyenko
- Screenwriter: Roman Furtak
- Director: Boris Nebieridze
- Cinematography: Kirill Romitsin
- Production Designer: Oleg Kostyuchenko
- Composer: Oleg Kiva
- Conductor: Volodymyr Kozhukhar
- Sound engineer: George Stremovsky
- Director: I. Ivaschenko
- Operators: Yuri Khorev, Yuri Galchenko
- Artist-decorator: V. Rudko
- Make-up artist: A. Ratushnaya
- Installation: Lydia Kryukova
- Combined shooting: A. Kagan (operator), V. Rudko (artist)
- Music editor: I. Bonitenko
- Editor: A. Gaponenko
- Film director: Alexander Shechter
- The Mountains are Smoking (story, 1938)
- Viva Zapata! (1952)
- Zorro, The Gay Blade (1981)
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
- Such Late, Such Warm Autumn (1981)
- Jaro, Miron (1939). Góry dymią (in polski). Myśl. Search this book on
- "Фильм "Горы дымят" (1988)" [Film "The Mountains are Smoking" (1988)]. Кино-Театр.ru (in русский). Archived from the original on April 7, 2018.
- "«Горы дымят» (1988)" ["The Mountains are Smoking" (1988)]. КиноПоиск (in русский). Archived from the original on 2018-11-24. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- "Фильм "Горы дымят"" [Film "The Mountains are Smoking"]. ВсёТВ (in русский). Archived from the original on 2016-08-10. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
This article "The Mountains are Smoking (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Mountains are Smoking (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.