The Nightmare Before Christmas 2
|The Nightmare Before Christmas 2|
|Directed by||Henry Selick|
Walt Disney Pictures
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
The Nightmare Before Christmas 2 is potentially an upcoming American stop motion musical Halloween-themed fantasy film directed by Henry Selick, produced by Walt Disney Pictures and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It will be a sequel to Tim Burton's 1993 cult classic The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Chris Sarandon as Jack Skellington
In 2001, The Walt Disney Company began to consider producing a sequel to The Nightmare Before Christmas, but rather than using stop motion, Disney wanted to use computer animation. Tim Burton convinced Disney to drop the idea, given Disney's tendency of realizing direct-to-video sequels of many to their classic films. "I was always very protective of Nightmare not to do sequels or things of that kind," Burton explained, "You know, Jack [Skellington] visits Thanksgiving world or other kinds of things just because I felt the movie had a purity to it and the people that like it, because it's a mass-market kind of thing, it was important to kind of keep that purity of it".
The 2004 video game The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge did serve as a sequel of the film, with Capcom's crew of developers going after Burton for advice. and having the collaboration of the film's art director, Deane Taylor. A follow-up comic book series entitled Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey, starring Jack's dog Zero, was released in October 2018. In 2009, Henry Selick said he would do a film sequel if he and Burton could create a good story for it. In February 2019, it was reported that a new Nightmare Before Christmas film was in the works, with Disney considering either a stop-motion sequel or live-action remake. In October 2019, Chris Sarandon expressed interest on reprising his role as Jack Skellington if a sequel film ever materializes.
- Fred Topel (August 25, 2008). "Director Henry Selick Interview – The Nightmare Before Christmas". About.com. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- Shawn Adler; Larry Carroll (October 20, 2006). "How Burton's Fever Dream Spawned Nightmare Before Christmas". MTV. Archived from the original on May 3, 2007. Retrieved September 27, 2008. Unknown parameter
- "CYNAMATIC: EXCLUSIVE: Masato Yoshino Gets Oogie's Revenge". MovieWeb. October 7, 2005. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge – Deane Taylor Interview". TeamXbox. September 19, 2005. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2011. Unknown parameter
- McMillan, Graeme. "'Nightmare Before Christmas' Follow-Up Coming to Comics (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 June 2020.
- Otto, Jack (February 1, 2009). "How possible is a sequel to Nightmare Before Christmas?". Blastr. Archived from the original on March 29, 2019. Retrieved June 1, 2020. Unknown parameter
- Lowery, Mike. "Exclusive : Talks underway for Nightmare Before Christmas follow-up". Moviehole. Moviehole. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- Cavanaugh, Patrick (October 10, 2020). "The Nightmare Before Christmas Star Would Crawl Across the Country to Play Jack Skellington in a Sequel". ComicBook.com. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
This article "The Nightmare Before Christmas 2" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Nightmare Before Christmas 2. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.