Type of site
|Created by||Marcy Ferruggia|
The Pointster was founded by Marcy Ferruggia in May of 2018. It publishes travel news about airlines, hotels, credit cards and related rewards programs. The site also focuses on key travel destinations around the world, emphasizing those that are the most “Instagrammable” or photo-worthy.
Since gaining popularity, Marcy Ferruggia has expanded The Pointster to corresponding Instagram and Pinterest accounts. Both accounts have large followings that remain active.
It often shares details on how travel rewards programs and credit cards can assist in providing benefits for consumers. Most notably, The Pointster outlines the most “Instagrammable” destinations in popular cities around the world.
As of 2019, the site has five employees on its editorial team. The key people includes Brittany Silvester as a web developer, marketing agent and editor, Ashley Ferraro as a Writer and creative content director, Nicole Ferruggia as a photo editor and creative consultant for Pointster and Karly Trimble as a travel blogging writer and editorial content director.
The Pointster provides timely information on travel news, including tips and tricks to assist readers in utilizing their loyalty points and miles in order to redeem benefits. The site also provides Instagram guides to popular travel destinations.
- "Introducing The Pointster: How to Travel the World Using Points & Miles - Press Release - Digital Journal". www.digitaljournal.com. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "The Pointster Travel Blog Updates Readers About the New CLEAR Program". www.abc-7.com. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- "The Pointster Travel Blog Updates Readers About the New CLEAR Program". www.wicz.com. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- "About The Pointster". The Pointster. Retrieved 2019-11-07.
- "The Pointster Travel Blog Updates Readers About the New CLEAR Program". www.wrcbtv.com. Retrieved 2019-12-04.