The Yellow Dress
|The Yellow Dress|
|Directed by||Alex Ko|
|Produced by||S.E. Allen|
|Written by||Alex Ko|
Benoit Del Grande
|Music by||Paul Englishby|
Search The Yellow Dress on Amazon.
The Yellow Dress is a 2020 French short film written and directed by Alex Ko and produced by Moody Pond Productions.
The Yellow Dress follows Raphael, an eccentric ten-year-old, who enjoys wearing and designing dresses in rural France. Set against the backdrop of the lush, lavender fields of Provence, a very determined Raphael cuts and pockets yellow fabrics in hopes of constructing a dress for his mother; a gesture he believes will bring about the healing his family so desperately needs.
- The Yellow Dress was awarded the Narrative Short Audience Award at the Austin Film Festival in 2020.
The Yellow Dress was made through a collaboration between Alex Ko and Moody Pond Productions. The film was shot on location in Apt, France. Alex has mentioned that the experience creating the film "was definitely rock n’ roll. We relocated about 35 cast and crew six hours away from their homes, in the middle of a forest, and decided to make a movie. It was more guerrilla than one would think." The film made its UK Premiere at the Raindance Film Festival in 2020  and went on to win The Audience Award at the Austin Film Festival.
|This article related to a short drama film is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "The Yellow Dress" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:The Yellow Dress. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Austin Film Festival. "AFF 2020 Winners Announced".
- Whittaker, Richard (28 October 2020). "The Yellow Dress: Alex Ko on his French tale of a boy and his dress". The Austin Chronicle.
- Hamlet, Isaac (28 October 2020). "Iowa City-native Alex Ko moves from Broadway to film festivals with 'The Yellow Dress'". Iowa City Press Citizen.
- "THE YELLOW DRESS Will Premiere at the Austin Film Festival". Broadway World. 25 October 2020.
- "The Yellow Dress International Shorts". Raindance Film Festival 2020. Retrieved 2021-03-24.
- Biafra, Jello. "Raindance Film Festival 2020 UK Premiere: Alex Ko The Yellow Dress". The New Current. Retrieved 2021-03-24.