|Founder 👔||Al Czap|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Summerville, South Carolina , United States|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Thorne Research, Inc. is a global health and technology company that manufactures dietary supplements and offers home health testing. The company was founded in 1984 and executes all product manufacturing in Summerville, South Carolina.
Thorne Research was founded and operated in Seattle, Washington, in 1984 before relocating the company’s headquarters to Sandpoint, Idaho in 1990. The company relocated once again to an 272,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in South Carolina in 2018.
From 1996 to 2012, Thorne Research published the Alternative Medicine Review, a peer-reviewed, Medline-indexed journal.
Merger and Rebrand
In 2010, Thorne Research merged with Diversified Natural Products, and Paul Jacobson became CEO. In 2016, the company transitioned from a direct-to-practitioner supplement company and began selling direct to consumers.
In January of 2018, Thorne Research rebranded from Thorne Research to D.B.A. Thorne, and expanded into the DIY home health testing market.
Thorne entered into a strategic collaboration with Mayo Clinic to provide the general public with clinical wellness research and educational content. Thorne is also exclusively partnered with 11 U.S. Olympic National Teams as a health and wellness provider. In 2019, Thorne was named Official Performance Partner of Team Penske, along with “Official Sports Performance Nutrition Partner” of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Dietary supplement
- "Company Overview of Thorne Research, Inc". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Thorne Research Inc". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- McDermott, John (10 November 2016). "Supplement maker moving HQ to Charleston area from Idaho". www.postandcourier.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "History". www.foundationalmedicinereview.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- Raphael, Rina (27 March 2018). "Is This Home Hormone Test Analyzing My Stress Or Selling Supplements?". www.fastcompany.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- Axon, Rachel Axon (19 August 2016). "U.S. Olympians taking part in health and wellness study". www.usatoday.com. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Team Penske and Thorne Announce Multi-Year Partnership". www.apnews.com. 12 June 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "UFC Names Thorne Official Sports Performance Nutrition Partner". www.ufc.com. 22 May 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Thorne Research" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Thorne Research. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.