Tina (or Katrina) Caspary (born December 28, 1970) is an American actress, dancer, and choreographer and dance instructor. She had supporting roles in the late 1980s with Can't Buy Me Love and cult film Mac and Me.
As a child then a teen actor in the mid to late 1980s, Caspary had roles on television and films, while her debut role was as a dancer in the 1982 movie Annie, then she appeared three years later on an episode of the TV series Silver Spoons.
In December 1986, the 15-year-old Caspary played the role of Kelly Bundy in the un-aired pilot episode of the TV series Married... with Children. She was replaced by Christina Applegate.
Caspary's performance in the 1986 TV movie News at Eleven earned her a nomination for a Young Artist Award in the Exceptional Young Actress Starring in a Television Special or Movie of the Week category. Her 1987 role in Can't Buy Me Love earned a second Young Artist nomination, for Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy. She earned a third Young Artist Award nomination for her performance in 1988's Mac and Me, a cult film that is regarded as one of the worst films ever made.
Caspary quit acting after two teen roles in 1989's My Mom's a Werewolf and Teen Witch, re-focusing on dance.
She has appeared in music videos by Red Hot Chili Peppers and Reba McEntire, and was a principal dancer on the Academy Awards show for five years, working with Debbie Allen.
|1982||Annie||Dancer||as Tina Maria Caspary|
|1985||Silver Spoons||Amanda||Season 4, Episode 9 "A Magnificent Obsession"|
|1986||News at Eleven||Gretchen Kent||TV movie|
|Combat Academy||Mary Beth||TV movie|
|The Thanksgiving Promise||1st Girl||TV special|
|1987||Growing Pains||Jamie||"Choices" (Season 2, Episode 11)|
|Married... with Children||Kelly Bundy||1 episode (unaired pilot)|
|Can't Buy Me Love||Barbara||Alternative title: Boy Rents Girl|
|1988||Totally Minnie||Dancer||TV special|
|Mac and Me||Courtney||as Katrina Caspary|
|1989||Day by Day||Linda||1 episode, as Katrina Caspary|
|Teen Witch||Shawn||as Tina Marie Casapary|
|My Mom's a Werewolf||Jennifer Shaber||as Katrina Caspary|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award||Result||Category||Film or series|
|1987||Young Artist Awards||Nominated||Exceptional Young Actress Starring in a Television Special or Movie of the Week||News at Eleven|
|1988||Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy||Can't Buy Me Love|
|1989||Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Fantasy||Mac and Me|
- Hines, Terrance (1990). An Actor Succeeds: Career Management for the Actor. S. French. ISBN 9780573606038. Search this book on
- "Cedar Rapids Gazette Archives, Aug 21, 1987, p. 36". Cedar Rapids Gazette. 1987-08-21. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "The Lost Roles of Married… with Children". Vulture. 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- Maltin, Leonard (2014-09-02). Leonard Maltin's 2015 Movie Guide. Penguin. ISBN 9780698183612. Search this book on
- "The Best Bad Movies Of All TimeMac and Me (1988)". Complex. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- Harris, J. P. (2002). Time Capsule: Reviews of Horror, Science Fiction and Fantasy Films and TV Shows from 1987-1991. iUniverse. ISBN 9780595213368. Search this book on
This article "Tina Caspary" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tina Caspary. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.