Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy
|Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy|
|Directed by||Minhazur Rahman Nayan|
|Produced by||Minhazur Rahman Nayan|
|Written by||Minhazur Rahman Nayan|
|Screenplay by||Minhazur Rahman Nayan|
|Edited by||Apu Monwar|
Swadhinata Home Box
|Distributed by||Swadhinata Home Box|
|1 minute 57 second |
Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy is a 2013 Bangladeshi short film produced, written and directed by Minhazur Rahman Nayan. The short film was premiered on January 15, 2013 and is based upon an incident involving a Tofael Alam, an honest, innocent tea stall boy.
Since its release, the short has been shown at several film festivals. The film's shooting was begun and completed at 15 September 2012. In 2013, the Vagrant Film Festival, Belarus and Free Spirit Film Festival, India in which it received Audience Award.[not in citation given] In 2014, the film was invited to participate in Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival[not in citation given] showing at Orpheum Theater, Flagstaff, Arizona, United States and TOFF - The Online Film Festival. In 2015, the film was selected for selection in Pink City International Short Film Festival, India. In 2016 finalist at CreActive International Open Film Festival (IOFF), Bangladesh.
A Tofael living and working at Moghbazar one of the most gathering spot in Dhaka, Bangladesh works as a tea stall worker. In spite of his poverty, cupidity and dishonesty cannot pollute his character. One day as he is working he came across a customer (Rafique Natabar) that leaves his cell phone behind after purchasing some tea. Seeing that the customer left his property behind, Tofael sets off to find the man and return his cell phone. When the child worker Tofael gives back his lost cell phone to his customer, the customer thanks him and lifts him up in a rickshaw.The honest tea stall boy feeling heavenly joy that expresses with an innocent smile.
- Tofael Alam as Tea stall boy
- Rafique Natabar as Customer
|2013||The Vagrant Film Festival||Belarus||Screening||N/A|
|2013||Free Spirit Film Festival||India||Screening||Audience Award|
|2014||Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival||United States||Screening||N/A|
|2014||The Online Film Festival (TOFF)||United States||Screening||N/A|
|2015||BAD Film Festival||United States||Screening||N/A|
|2015||PINK CITY INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL||India||Screening||N/A|
|2016||International Open Film Festival (IOFF)||Bangladesh||Screening||N/A|
- ভারতে পুরস্কৃত হলো 'তোফায়েল দ্য টি স্টল বয়'. The Daily Ittefaq (in Bengali). 30 November 2013.
- চা দোকানী তোফায়েলের ভারত জয়!. newsviewsbd.com (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 4 December 2013.
- ‘দ্য টি স্টল বয়’ ভারতে পুরস্কৃত. Bangla Mail 24 (in Bengali). 27 November 2013. Archived from the original on 29 November 2013.
- ভারতে পুরস্কৃত বাংলাদেশের চলচ্চিত্র: 'তোফায়েল দ্য টি স্টল বয়'. MediaTimes24 (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 6 August 2014.
- "Summaries 2013". Free Spirit Film Festival 2013.
- "Tofael - the tea stall boy". Festival Focus. Archived from the original on 2015-01-12. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "The Free Spirit Award 2013 was given to Tibetan writer-activist Langtsa Tsetan Dorjee". Dariya News. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2013 – via Free Spirit Film Festival.
- "Flagstaff Mountain Films Festival".
- আমেরিকান উৎসবে ‘তোফায়েল-দ্য টি স্টল বয়’. dhallywood24.com (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 17 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "#TOFF – NOVEMBER 2014 EDITION". Archived from the original on 9 September 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "2nd PINK CITY INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL". Archived from the original on 11 October 2015. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "Selection". International Open Film Festival. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy on IMDb Search this movie on
- on YouTube
- Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy in Vimeo
- Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy on Facebook
This article "Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tofael: The Tea Stall Boy. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.