Tomb Raider 2
|Tomb Raider 2|
|Directed by||Ben Wheatley|
|Screenplay by||Amy Jump|
|Based on||Tomb Raider|
by Square Enix
Kristin Scott Thomas
|Distributed by||United Artists Releasing|
|March 19, 2021|
Search Tomb Raider 2 on Amazon.
Tomb Raider 2 is an upcoming American action-adventure film directed by Ben Wheatley and is sequel to the 2018 film Tomb Raider.
In 2015, Adrian Askarieh, producer of the Hitman films, stated that he hoped to oversee a shared universe of Square Enix films with Just Cause, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Thief, but admitted that he does not have the rights to Tomb Raider.
Prior to the release of the first film, Alicia Vikander expressed interest in returning as Lara Croft for a second film, stating that "If there's an audience out there for it, then I would love to". In April 2019, Amy Jump was hired to write a script for a possible sequel, with Vikander attached. In September 2019, Ben Wheatley, Jump's husband, signed on to direct the sequel, with a planned March 19, 2021 release date, with Warner Bros. Pictures dropping out of the project. That same month, it was confirmed that Wheatley's long-time cinematographer Laurie Rose would also work on the film.
According to Geek Vibes Nation, principal photography was scheduled to start in April with filming taking place across a number of countries including England, South Africa, Finland and China and looking to deliver a faithful adaptation of the games' story. The movie will allegedly be embracing more of the supernatural elements and tones that gamers have connected with. Production was delayed until sometime in the summer of 2020, with filming now taking place in England and South Africa, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tomb Raider 2 is scheduled to be released on March 19, 2021.
- Krupa, Daniel (September 9, 2015). "Hitman producer dreams of shared Square Enix movie universe". IGN. Archived from the original on November 13, 2019. Retrieved November 13, 2019. Unknown parameter
- "Alicia Vikander reveals she "would love" to do a Tomb Raider sequel". February 24, 2018. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (April 12, 2019). "MGM & Warner Bros Starts Climb Toward 'Tomb Raider 2,' Amy Jump To Write Script". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (September 4, 2019). "Ben Wheatley Set To Direct Alicia Vikander In 'Tomb Raider' Sequel; MGM Sets Release Date". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Marc, Christopher (September 23, 2019). "'Free Fire/Overlord' Cinematographer Laurie Rose Expected To Work On 'Tomb Raider 2'". HNEntertainment. Retrieved November 13, 2019.
- Cainan (February 12, 2020). "New Tomb Raider Sequel Details Revealed". Geek Vibes Nation.
- Cainan (March 5, 2020). "Tomb Raider Sequel Moves Production Date To Summer". Geek Vibes Nation.
This article "Tomb Raider 2" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tomb Raider 2. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.