Type of site
|Alexa rank||6,809 (January 2018[update])|
TopCashback is a cashback website which also provides voucher codes and product comparison tools, based in the UK, with offices in Stafford (Staffordshire), Bolton (Greater Manchester) and Charing Cross (London), as well as international offices in New Jersey (U.S.) and Bangalore (India). The website passes on commission usually paid to third-party referrers directly to its members.
The website's member base uses TopCashback as a portal of retailer websites. Commission is paid by these retailers on each purchase made on their sites and this is then passed back, in full, to the members. Cashback websites have become prevalent with the rise in popularity of ecommerce stores and shopping online, with the aid of a tracking cookie the purchase can be recorded on the merchant's website as a referral from TopCashback.
TopCashback was voted Cashback Site of the Year in 2016 and 2017 at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards.
TopCashBack was launched in Summer 2005 as a cashback website. The website is funded by advertising revenue.
According to the TopCashback website, the company was "Founded on a bootstrap budget in 2005 by two computer programmers, Oliver Ragg and Mike Tomkins. The two friends identified the potential that the new affiliate marketing industry offered; both as a business model and as a way to help people genuinely save money."
TopCashback reached one million members by August 2011 and had six million members at the start of 2017.
In May 2011, TopCashback opened a London office to handle public relations with the media, and partnerships with other companies including the affiliate networks. TopCashback was listed at number 5 in the 2011 The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 and at number 35 in 2012.
A US site was launched in November 2011.
TopCashback launched a toolbar add-on for popular internet browsers in October 2010. The toolbar is designed to sit on the browser window and track cashback earnt, avoiding the need to navigate from the main site. The toolbar is also designed to notify the user if the merchant they are visiting offers cashback rewards, and also highlight merchants that offer cashback in search engine result pages. The toolbar offers most features of the main site, with personal account login, savings information, and related social buttons.
'Snap & Save' was launched in February 2013, allowing members to upload pictures of receipts from some supermarkets and earn cashback on items that are on offer on the website. The scheme is integrated with the site's mobile application.
Members can donate a portion of their cashback to a named charity. The highest profile charity raising campaign was for the Cancer Research UK fund. During the course of 2 November 2012 – 28 February 2013 TopCashBack donated £1 to Cancer Research UK for every new fan joining their branded Facebook page, raising a total of £13,363. The charity was nominated by the TopCashBack community as the most favoured for their CSR project and therefore were the focus charity for 2013.
- Luthra, Archna (6 September 2011). "'Top Cashback Sites:Make £100s when you shop online'". Money Saving Expert. London. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "topcashback.co.uk Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- Thornhill, Jo (8 September 2012). "I spent £10,865 online and claimed back an incredible £7,272: Do cashback websites really give you money for nothing?". This is Money. London. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Brooks, Amber (24 August 2016). "Committed to Transparency, TopCashback Passes Members 100% of the Advertising Commission Earned From Partnered Retailers". DealCrunch.com. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "A History of Top Cashback". TopCashBack.
- "TopCashBack thrust into the US spotlight as it saves consumers $150,000 in six months". 1 May 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "TopCashBack Toolbar Add-on".
- "Top CashBack Toolbar Launch". 20 October 2010.
- "Snap & Save - Offers".
- "Top Cashback's Snap & Save supermarket shopping tool reviewed". 14 February 2013.
- "'Cashback website launches app to get money back on supermarket shopping with a photo of your receipt'". 4 February 2013.
- "Cashback for Cancer Research UK". 2 November 2012.
This article "TopCashBack" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:TopCashBack. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.