|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Pornographic video sharing|
|Alexa rank||536 (Global, August 2018[update])|
Founded in 2007, the website is now a part of the PornHub network along with similar tube sites such as RedTube, YouPorn, XTube and several more. Like its counterparts, the site features both free and paid membership. Tube8 is notable for its award-winning Instant Search Feature and its exclusive content. The site includes over 1.5 million videos and also allows users to upload their own videos. Additionally, Tube8's website is available in several languages including English, German and Japanese. It contains various pornographic categories, totaling in twenty-five. Each category contains hundreds of videos that can be streamed online. The site also includes a search feature by various tag words which are generated by user searches, enabling each new user to whittle down a search. Most videos can be viewed for free, while the premium paid version allows access to premium content, HD videos, virtual reality, full length DVDs as well as full access to live videos.
Tube8 possesses over 10 million registered users and receives over 6 million visitors a day. As of August 2018, the website had a global traffic ranking of 537.
In August 2018, Tube8 announced a partnership with Vice Industry Token and its plans to "create a blockchain-based platform for users to earn crypto tokens as they watch and interact with Tube8 videos" The website's spokesperson, Robin Turner, stated that this venture would allow users a chance to earn a return while viewing Tube8's free content. The estimated start date of this new system is the end of 2018.
The feature film, Don Jon (2013), which features a storyline about a young man with a penchant for pornography, used Tube8 to advertise the film shortly before its release in theatres in order to attract fillm-goers.
Tube8 is owned by MindGeek,. Formerly known as Manwin, and previously, Mansef, it was founded by Concordia University graduates Stephane Manos and Ouissam Youssef (Mansef a portmanteau of the two's surnames) with Matt Keezer in 2003 as the holding company for various "thumbnail gallery post" websites and an affiliate network. It later launched Brazzers and a porn production company among various other pay sites. Keezer started PornHub in 2007 under Interhub in which Mansef was also a partner. Mansef was run as a familial business with company managers being related to each other.
The "Pornhub Network" is a network of web 2.0 websites accessible through Mindgeek's PornMD search engine. Mindgeek owns and operates all of the websites in the Pornhub Network, which includes GayTube, Peeperz, PornIQ (launched by Pornhub), PornMD, Pornhub RedTube Thumbzilla, Tube8, and YouPorn.
The three highest ranking sites in the Pornhub Network are Pornhub, RedTube and YouPorn. In November 2013, it was reported that Pornhub has over 1 billion visitors per month, and a December 2014 article in Adweek states that Pornhub has 50 million daily visitors. Pornhub.com scores at Alexa Global Rank 25 (as of 27 July 2018).
According to TrafficEstimate.com, Redtube.com generates over 90 million visits per month, and YouPorn.com generates almost 80 million visits per month (based on the data for 30 days up to mid November 2014. Data for Pornhub.com was not available from TrafficEstimate). YouPorn claim that their partner program has 400 content providers who participate.
- O'Connor, Maureen (June 2017). "Pornhub is the Kinsey Report of our Time". New York Magazine: 30–39. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "Pornhub.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Tube8 Announcements". Tube8 Blog. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Beyond Pornhub: The sex rebels reclaiming adult film". 19 December 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "World's biggest porn site reveals how major events affect viewing habits". news.com.au. 28 November 2013. Archived from the original on 24 May 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- Yagielowicz, Stephen. "TrafficJunky Adds OS, Connection Targeting Options to Tube8 Mobile". Xbiz. Adnet Media. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Categories". Tube8. MindGeek. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "How popular is tube8.com?". Alexa. Amazon. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- William, Maxwell. "Porn Website Tube8 to Launch Blockchain Platform, Reward Views With Crypto Tokens". Coin Telegraph. Coin Telegraph. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- Empress, Eve. "Joseph Gordon-Levitt Placed Ads For 'Don Jon' On Popular Porn Sites". Geeks of Doom. WordPress. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson - Ep. 1: A Nondescript Building in Montreal
- Wallace, Ben. "The Geek-Kings of Smut". New York Magazine. New York Media LLC. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- Hymes, Tom (18 January 2012). "Manwin's Fabian Thylmann Gives Keynote to Record Crowd". AVN. Archived from the original on 26 May 2013. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "PornMD: A Search Engine for ALL of the World's Best Porn Sites". PornMD. Archived from the original on 18 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Manwin Acquires Twistys and Sister Sites". AVN. 2 June 2011. Archived from the original on 20 August 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Pardon, Rhett (8 March 2011). "'Bachelor' Contestant Rozlyn Papa's Suit Is OKd". XBIZ Newswire. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Holmes, David (9 October 2013). "What media companies can learn from Pornhub and its new PornIQ service". PandoDaily. Archived from the original on 18 November 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Platinum Sponsors". ASACP. Archived from the original on 17 September 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- Pardon, Rhett (21 April 2014). "MindGeek Settles Cybersquatting Suits". XBIZ Newswire. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "World's biggest porn site reveals how major events affect viewing habits". news.com.au. 28 November 2013. Archived from the original on 19 October 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- Monllos, Kristina (18 December 2014). "Inside Pornhub's Crusade to Tear Down the Taboos of Watching Sex Online". Adweek. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "pornhub.com Site Overview". Alexa. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "redtube.com Website Traffic and Information". TrafficEstimate.com. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "youporn.com Website Traffic and Information". TrafficEstimate.com. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Pornhub & YouPorn Owner Funds Fight Against Cyberlockers". TorrentFreak. 23 June 2012. Archived from the original on 29 October 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
This article "Tube8" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tube8. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.