Twilight of the Mallrats
|Twilight of the Mallrats|
|Directed by||Kevin Smith|
|Produced by||Kevin Smith|
|Written by||Kevin Smith|
|Edited by||Kevin Smith|
Twilight of the Mallrats is an upcoming American comedy film written, produced and directed by Kevin Smith. It is the sequel to the 1995 film, Mallrats.
- Shannen Doherty as Rene Mosier
- Jeremy London as T.S. Quint
- Jason Lee as Brodie Bruce
- Joey Lauren Adams as Gwen Turner
- Renee Humphrey as Tricia Jones
- Jason Mewes as Jay
- Kevin Smith as Silent Bob
- Ethan Suplee as William
- Michael Rooker as Mr.Svenning
- Sven-Ole Thorsen as La-Fours
- Aparna Brielle as Banner Bruce
- Bruce Campbell as Himself
On March 13, 2015, Kevin Smith confirmed that a sequel was being written and was slated to begin shooting in summer 2016, however on April 8, 2015, Smith confirmed that Mallrats 2 would be his next film and not Clerks III like original intended and that shooting would now begin in the summer of 2015. Smith said "we were talking about initially shooting Clerks III this summer and then we were going to get to Mallrats in the beginning of 2016. And then it jumped into 2015, where we were going to shoot Clerks and then hopefully ‘Mallrats’ before the end of the year. But now, based on a f—ing mall that we all dig that will be going away, the priority has become Mallrats. So the next f—ing movie I’m making is Mallrats 2.
Smith stated that the idea for a sequel had been floating around almost after the original was made and his reasons for making a sequel were honor his dead friend, producer Jim Jacks' wishes for a sequel saying "Jim Jacks never fucking lost faith. Even when I would kick Mallrats and make fun of it, Jacks was always the guy going “No man. Know what would be funny and what’s gonna redeem us? Mallrats 2: Die Hard In A Mall.” So it was one of those things that was an ongoing theme in his life. So a year ago I was sitting here talking about this shit and I was like “I wanna honor the man in some way” and this is how we’re gonna do it. We’re gonna finally make the movie I wish to Christ I made when he was living, man. So we’re finally going to make Mallrats 2.
On his Twitter account, Smith confirmed the return of Jason Mewes and himself as Jay and Silent Bob respectively, as well as confirming the return of Michael Rooker as Jared Svenning, Shannen Doherty as Rene Mosier, and Stan Lee as himself. On March 23, Jason Lee was confirmed to appear in the sequel. On March 25, Ethan Suplee was confirmed to appear in the sequel. On March 27, Jeremy London was confirmed to return as T.S. Quint. On March 30, Renee Humphrey was confirmed to return as Tricia Jones. On March 31, Joey Lauren Adams was confirmed to return as Gwen Turner. On April 1, Sven-Ole Thorsen was confirmed to return as Lafours. In Smodcast episode 324, Scott Mosier was confirmed to return as Roddy. On April 2, via Kevin Smith's Twitter account, Bryan Johnson and Walt Flanagan were confirmed to return as Steve-Dave Pulasti and Walt "Fanboy" Grover respectively. On April 8, 2015, via Kevin's Facebook account, Brian O'Halloran was confirmed to return as Gil Hicks.
In January 2020, Claire Forlani and Ben Affleck remain the only two major cast members yet to confirm that they will appear in the sequel. Smith said of Affleck, “No word on Bat-fleck yet! It’ll be fun to see if we can get him.” Smith announced that development on Mallrats 2 has started up again, under a new title Twilight of the Mallrats. On April 16, 2020, Smith revealed that Bruce Campbell will appear in the movie as himself. On April 24, Smith has stated that he has officially completed the script and that the original cast will return to reprise their roles. In May 2020, Smith revealed that Aparna Brielle will join the cast as Brodie's daughter Banner Bruce. She previously portrayed Jihad in the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
- "Mallrats Sequel Adds Aparna Brielle as Jason Lee's Daughter". ComicBook.com. Retrieved June 21, 2020.
- "Kevin Smith Confirms Evil Dead Star Bruce Campbell for Twilight of the Mallrats". ComicBook.com. Retrieved 2020-06-21.
- Lyons, Matt (March 13, 2015). "Kevin Smith Confirms Mallrats 2 Is Coming, Clerks III Begins Filming In May". Moar Geek. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- Owen, Luke (March 17, 2015). "Kevin Smith explains why he's doing Mallrats 2; will it be called Mallrats 2: Die Hard in a Mall?". Flickering Myth. Retrieved January 21, 2020.
- Melrose, Kevin (April 8, 2015). "'Mallrats 2′ Will Be Kevin Smith's Next Film". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- O'Neal, Sean (March 17, 2015). "Kevin Smith to honor dead friend's wishes by making 'Mallrats 2'". The A.V. Club. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- Smith, Kevin (April 1, 2015). "More 'Mallrats' The Belt Buckle Bonanza". Smodcast. Retrieved February 20, 2020.
- Smith, Kevin (April 2, 2015). "Scott Mosier Confirmed". Retrieved February 20, 2020 – via Twitter.
- Smith, Kevin (April 8, 2015). "Well... Did he cum or what? Yes, Gill Hicks IS coming! Brian O'Halloran is going back to the MALL, y'all! 15 down, 3 to go! #MR2". Retrieved February 20, 2020 – via Facebook.
- Burwick, Kevin (January 3, 2020). "'Mallrats 2' Is Back On, Kevin Smith Reveals New Title". MovieWeb. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- "Kevin Smith Completes First Draft of Twilight of the Mallrats, Reveals Which Characters Will Return". Comicbook.com. April 24, 2020. Retrieved April 27, 2020.
Others articles of the Topics Comedy AND Film : Unspooled, Moose Jaws, Lethal Finale, Hospitality (FIlm), Clerks III
Others articles of the Topic Comedy : Hospitality (FIlm), Ari Mannis, Dr. Nick, Mango (Saturday Night Live), List of Aqua Teen Hunger Force guest stars, Lethal Finale, Cletus Spuckler
Others articles of the Topic Film : Manlikeclix, Ijaaz Ebrahim, Jeremias Nussbaum, Laura Benson, Shochiku Studio Co., Ltd., List of Japanese films of 2022, 5th AVN Awards
This article "Twilight of the Mallrats" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Twilight of the Mallrats. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.