Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Born: September 5, 1989|
Search Tyler Jones on Amazon.
Tyler Matthew Jones (born September 5, 1989) is an American professional baseball pitcher who is currently a member of the Pittsburgh Pirates organization.
Jones attended Marquette University High School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and played college baseball at Madison Area Technical College and Louisiana State University (LSU). He was drafted by the Chicago White Sox in the 21st round of the 2010 Major League Baseball draft out of Madison College but did not sign and transferred to LSU. After one year at LSU he was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 11th round of the 2011 MLB draft.
Jones signed with the Atlanta Braves prior to the 2015 season and the New York Yankees prior to the 2016 season. He was selected by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 2016 Rule 5 draft. He was returned to the Yankees on March 24. He elected free agency on November 6, 2017.
On January 22, 2018, Jones signed a minor league deal with the Pittsburgh Pirates. 
The Pirates released Jones in May 2018.
- "Miracle reliever Tyler Jones looks to improve as closer". news-press.com. Retrieved June 2, 2017.
- "2016 Rule 5 Draft results". MLB.com. December 8, 2016. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- "D-backs return Jones to Yankees, send 4 to minor leaguers". Fox Sports. March 24, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "Non-Roster Invitees". Pittsburgh Pirates.
- "Minor MLB Transactions: 5/22/18". MLB Trade Rumors.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Tyler Jones" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tyler Jones. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.