|Genre||Rock, hip hop, indie, MPB|
Search UFSCtock on Amazon.
The UFSCtock is an arts festival that takes place since 2009 in Federal University of Santa Catarina in Florianópolis. Organized by students, it was held annually, and its last edition took place in 2014.
Its programming, initially focused on the independent music festival, has been expanded, including visual arts exhibitions, debates, theater, workshops, film and with national attractions at the music festival. During its performance, UFSCtock was considered an important platform for Santa Catarina music and considered the largest independent music festival in the state.
There has been and there is still interest in making new editions and even other campuses, but this depends on the institutional and financial support of the university, which has not occurred in recent years.
The idea of the festival comes in 2001, when the Central Directory of Students Luis Travassos organized an event in the Wood of UFSC, "like Woodstock." There arises the idea of the event that is finally applied eight years later, no 40th anniversary of the famous festival.
Between 2009, the first edition, still very amateur, and the last, in 2014, the festival underwent a major transformation. Of a structure that most reminded a party in 2009, in 2010 UFSCtock already had the first attraction of national importance - rapper BNegão - a fact that was repeated in the following editions. Criolo, Karol Conká, Móveis Coloniais de Acaju, O Terno, Mombojó and Vivendo do Ócio were some of the great artists and bands in Brazil that went through the UFSCtock. Since 2011, the festival is not just about music, but also theater, including visual arts exhibitions, debates, theater, workshops and films, as well as a children's version called UFSCtockinho ("Little UFSCtock"). The duration also changed, from two days to a week.
The festival is no longer due to bureaucratic problems with the university. There is, however, intend to resume it.
- "Conheça a história do Ufsctock". Cotidiano UFSC. 01/01/2018. Retrieved 24/10/2012. Check date values in:
- "Artigo do DCE avalia o UFSCtock como prova de respeito à diversidade". Notícias da UFSC. 04/06/2009. Retrieved 4/1/2018. Check date values in:
- "UFSTOCK: chegou a hora do róque universitário". Mundo 49.
- "Confira a escalação completa do Ufsctock, que rola final de semana em Floripa". Válvula Rock. 2010-05-26.
- "UFSCTOCK". Naipe. 3/10/2011. Retrieved 1/1/2018. Check date values in:
- "Ufsctock divulga lista de selecionados para edição 2011". Válvula Rock. 1/9/2011. Retrieved 2/1/2018. Check date values in:
- "UM UFSCTOCK MUTANTE, MAS COM IDENTIDADE". Naipe. 31/10/2012. Retrieved 1/1/2018. Check date values in:
- "Festival de artes 'UFSCtock' começa nesta segunda-feira em Florianópolis". G1. 27/10/2014. Retrieved 1/1/2018. Check date values in:
- "Festival UFSCtock começa nesta segunda-feira (27) na Capital". Tudo Sobre Floripa. 27/10/2014. Retrieved 1/1/2018. Check date values in:
This article "UFSCtock" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:UFSCtock. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.