|Under Controll aka Goblin- That is really Troll|
|Directed by||Eric Dean Hordes|
|Produced by||Eric Dean Hordes|
Edith de Montmirail
|Written by||Eric Hordes|
Lutz van der Horst
|Music by||Dimitris Dodoras|
|Edited by||Eric Dean Hordes|
Search Under ConTROLL on Amazon.
Under ConTroll aka Goblin - Das ist echt Troll / Goblin - Out of ConTroll is a German horror film by director Eric Dean Hordes. The film is based on the legend of Burkart Keller, a knight from Baden-Baden, Germany. It was partially funded through a successful crowdfunding campaign.
Based on a legend from the Black Forest of Germany, Under ConTROLL follows an evil troll who was cast into stone and sealed inside a statue in the 15th century. He is inadvertently brought back to life in the present day and is hell-bent on getting revenge for 700 years of imprisonment. To stay undetected, the troll possesses the body of a beautiful, sexy local villager, and sets his sights on opening a portal to the underworld which would unleash an army of trolls to help him take over the world. Only a prominent scientist, a nosy neighbor, and the woman's teenage daughter suspect that something is amiss, and desperately try to stop the troll from destroying mankind.
During construction work in Baden-Baden, Germany, an evil troll, who was turned into stone by a magician in the 15th century, is accidentally brought back to life. The troll tries to free his demonic companions from another dimension. Therefore he needs the Great Book of Spells and the blood of a virgin. In order not to be discovered, the troll takes the form of Vanessa Majer and turns her cousin Helga into his involuntary slave. Under the influence of the spell, Helga assists the troll in his attempt to catch Charlie, the virgin boyfriend of Vanessa's daughter Natalja. The plan of the troll seems to come true if it wasn't for the writer Dr. Fischer, the unsuccessful magician Rumburak, and the nosy neighbor Béatrice, who want to expose the troll.
- Helmut Krauss – Dr. Fischer
- Katy Karrenbauer – Helga Wolf
- Jiří Lábus – Rumburak
- Désirée Nick – Katharina von Baden
- Cecilia Pillado – Béatrice
- Nadir Sisman – Charlie
- George Hardy – Michael Waits
- Ralf Bauer – Bengelhart Keller
- Billie Zöckler – Tipi
- Santiago Ziesmer – César
- Britta Selling – Madame Pimèle
- Eva Habermann – Vanessa Majer
- Desiree Altig – Natalja Majer
Under ConTROLL aka Goblin - That is really Troll is the first feature film produced by the production company Merkurfilm GmbH. Eric Dean Hordes and Alexander König wrote the script inspired by the B horror film Troll 2 and the French comedy Les Visiteurs. They were supported by screenwriter Simon Hauschild and Katy Karrenbauer. The book captures the Keller Saga and transforms the historic notes into a story set in the present time set in the 1980s. The original story is centered around the legendary figure Burkart Keller. It delivers a motif that goes back into the late Middle Ages which can be found in the Trinkhalle, diverse crosses, the Battert Rock, and various other old sources. Creature Artist Jörg Steegmüller became co-producer from the very beginning and provided a monetary value of 130,000 euros. Actress Eva Habermann later took on a role as co-producer.
Desiree Nick claimed, Habermann offered her €500 to sign a paper that states Habermann owns the movie rights. Habermann now wants to ban the film. Eva Habermann's production company Fantomfilm GmbH bought the film rights from the bankruptcy estate of Merkurfilm. On October 25, 2019 the German newspaper BILD announced to show the film in the Hordes version for 48 hours on their website for subscribers. That announcement was deleted one day later.
Under Controll aka Goblin- That is really Troll and Troll 2
After reaching an agreement with Troll 2 director Claudio Fragasso, Eric Dean Hordes was allowed to integrate the Troll 2 character Michael Waits into Goblin - That is really Troll. They engaged the original actor, George Hardy, to reprise his role as Michael Waits and establish Goblin - That is really Troll as a film crossover that draws on Michael Waits’ events and mixes them with the story. In Goblin - That is really Troll, it's the other way around: the main character is a Troll and there are no Goblins.
- GOBLIN 2 auf Startnext fundscene.com/
- Deutschlandradiokultur über GOBLIN 2 deutschlandradiokultur.de/
- Rike Schulz. "Eva Habermann wird 40: "Für ein Baby ist es noch nicht zu spät"". MOPO.de (in German). Retrieved 2016-04-18.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Für dumm verkauft? Désirée Nick stichelt gegen Eva Habermann". WEB.DE News (in Deutsch). 2019-10-16. Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- "Zoff um Goblin-Film: Eva Habermann schaltet ihre Anwälte ein". bild.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2019-10-17.
- ""Goblin": BILD zeigt den Film, über den ganz Film-Deutschland streitet - Kino - Bild.de". 2019-10-24. Archived from the original on 2019-10-24. Retrieved 2019-11-05. Unknown parameter
- Alsterfilm. "Pantoffel-TV - Folge 62". Massengeschmack.tv (in German). Retrieved 2016-04-18.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
This article "Under ConTROLL" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Under ConTROLL. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.