Type of site
|Founder(s)||Rahul Sood, Karl Flores|
|Services||Online Esports betting & gaming|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Founded in November 2014, Unikrn primarily offers real money  and token-based wagering on competitive video game tournaments, otherwise known as esports. Unikrn creates betting markets on esports (organized video game competitions) matches akin to traditional betting.
Origins and Development[edit | edit source]
Unikrn raised $10 million  in funding from several high-profile investors, including Mark Cuban, Ashton Kutcher, Binary Capital, and Tabcorp, its main partner for betting operations, as well as Elisabeth Murdoch and Shari Redstone. It also has partnerships with HP and Razer.
In 2016, Unikrn became an investor in BIG (Berlin International Gaming), a professional Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team. It has also fielded an all-female CS:GO team, Team Unikrn. Unikrn also has an investment in MAINGEAR, a high-end PC manufacturer.
In the second quarter of 2017, Unikrn acquired LEET, an esports startup based in Las Vegas, Nevada, who specialize in integrating esports into land-based casinos. Unikrn also owns an Indian-based esports company, DotaProHub.
UnikoinGold[edit | edit source]
In 2017, the company has created UnikoinGold, an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency coin that will be used for betting on their platform. The initial coin offering will also provide funding for the company.
References[edit | edit source]
- "How Unikrn Is Changing the World of eSports Betting". Men's Fitness. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Why An Ex-Microsoft Exec Chose Google Apps Over Microsoft's Office 365 For His Startup". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "There's an easy way to bet on competitive video games". Engadget. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Gambling Comes to E-Sports with Unikrn". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Account details". UK Gambling Commission. 4 Aug 2017.
- Morris, Chris. "Mark Cuban invests in eSports betting company Unikrn". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Burns, Matt. "VoodooPC Founder And Microsoft Ventures General Manager Rahul Sood Is Leaving Microsoft To Start Another Company". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Unikrn Picks Up $7M To Bring Betting To Esports". TechCrunch. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Unikrn Closes Series A with Binary Capital and All-Star Group of Investors to Further Global Expansion". Businesswire. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Ashton Kutcher Joins Mark Cuban in Backing E-Sports Company Unikrn". Inc.com. 2015-09-01. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Constine, Josh. "Binary Capital backs runaway trains with $175 million new fund". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Tabcorp puts some skin in the game". Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Fantasy eSports By the Numbers: You Won't Believe How Much Money's On the Line". Playboy. 2015-11-01. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "eSports Betting Company Unikrn Invests In German CS:GO Team BIG". SportTechie. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Unikrn fields all-woman team to compete in e-sport matches". The Seattle Times. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Maingear, Unikrn Bet on PC Gaming's Future". PCMag. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Unikrn to acquire casino focused esports company LEET". Esports Insider. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "Esports betting hub Unikrn buys statistics company DotaProHub | GamesBeat". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Kamen, Matt. "Esports Integrity Coalition aims to clean up competitive gaming". WIRED UK. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- Shen, Lucinda. "This Is the Cryptocurrency Mark Cuban Is Backing". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-07-12.
Category:Bookmakers Category:Companies of the United States Category:Gambling companies of the United States Category:Gambling websites Category:Esports websites Category:Online gambling companies Category:Companies established in 2014 Category:2014 establishments in the United States
This article "Unikrn" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Unikrn. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.