Untitled Cruella sequel
|Untitled Cruella sequel|
|Directed by||Craig Gillespie|
|Screenplay by||Tony McNamara|
Walt Disney Pictures
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
An untitled Cruella sequel (also known as Cruella 2) is an upcoming American crime comedy film based on the character Cruella de Vil from Dodie Smith's 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians and Walt Disney's 1961 animated film adaptation, also being a sequel to the 2021 film Cruella. The film will be directed by Craig Gillespie with a screenplay by Tony McNamara. It is the fourth live-action adaptation in the 101 Dalmatians franchise. Emma Stone returns to play the titular character.
The film was revealed to be in development in 2021, following the release of Cruella.
- Emma Stone as Estella Miller / Cruella de Vil
In May 2021, stars of the first Cruella film Emma Stone and Emma Thompson stated that they would like to do a second film inspired by The Godfather Part II, acting as both a sequel and prequel. On June 4, 2021, Disney announced that a sequel is officially in the early stages of development, with Gillespie and McNamara expected to return as director and writer respectively.
- Radish, Christina (May 3, 2021). "'Cruella' Costume Designer Jenny Beavan Explains How She Made Pre-Dalmatian Fashion for the Disney Prequel". Collider. Retrieved May 25, 2021.
- "Emma Stone and Emma Thompson are in for a Godfather II style Cruella sequel". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved May 30, 2021.
- Kit, Borys; Couch, Aaron (2021-06-04). "'Cruella' Sequel in the Works at Disney (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2021-06-05. Unknown parameter
- D'Alessandro, Anthony; D'Alessandro, Anthony (2021-08-13). "Emma Stone Locks Down Deal For 'Cruella' Sequel". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-08-13.
- Squires, John (2021-08-13). "Emma Stone Will Return in 'Cruella' Sequel!". Bloody Disgusting!. Retrieved 2021-08-13.
This article "Untitled Cruella sequel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Untitled Cruella sequel. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.