Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Ustad Alauddin Khan (film)
|Ustad Alauddin Khan|
|Directed by||Ritwik Ghatak|
|Produced by||Hari S. Dasgupta|
|Screenplay by||Ritwik Ghatak|
|Narrated by||Barun Haldar|
|Music by||Ustad Ali Akbar Khan|
|Edited by||Tarun Dutta|
Ustad Alauddin Khan (1963) is a documentary directed by legendary filmmaker Ritwik Ghatak. It was sponsored by the Sangeet Natak Akademi. It's based on the life of noted sarod player Ustad Allauddin Khan and his role as the 'guru' to many noted classical musicans. It featured performances by his son Ali Akbar Khan (who also acted as the music advisor for the film), daughter Annapurna Devi, his disciples such as Ravi Shankar, Bahadur Khan and the Maihar Band. The film was released without his name on it.
- Ghatak, Ritwik (1987). Cinema and I. Kolkata: Ritwick Ghatak Memorial Trust. p. 127. Search this book on
- "Ritwik Ghatak made a documentary on Ustad Alauddin Khan". Times of India. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "The Recluse". Indian Express. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "Watch: An ode to Maihar gharana maestro Allauddin Khan by film-maker Ritwik Ghatak". scroll.in. Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Strohm, Reinhard (2018). Studies on a Global History of Music: A Balzan Musicology Project. Routledge. p. 265. ISBN 1138058831. Search this book on
- "Ghatak - The stormy petrel of Indian cinema". Indian Express. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- Ustad Alauddin Khan on IMDb
- Ustad Alauddin Khan at the BFI website.
- Documentary at the Internet Archive
This article "Ustad Alauddin Khan (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ustad Alauddin Khan (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.