Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Vancouver Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Security and Stability on Korean Peninsula
Template:Infobox summit meeting
The Vancouver Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Security and Stability on Korean Peninsula was held on January 16th, 2018 in Vancouver, Canada. The meeting was to allow "foreign ministers to discuss ways to increase the effectiveness of the global sanctions regime in support of a rules-based international order."
The meeting was co-hosted by Canada and the USA.
Invited parties include: "South Korea, Japan, India, Britain, France and other countries who fought in the Korean War of 1950-53."
Notable countries that had not been invited were China, North Korea and Russia. China and Russia criticized the gathering as potentially harmful to peace prospects on the Korean peninsula, with China calling out the meeting for representing a "Cold War mentality".
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- 2017–18 North Korea crisis
- "Canada and United States to co-host Vancouver Foreign Ministers' Meeting on Security and Stability on Korean Peninsula". Global Affairs Canada. Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- Fife, Robert. "Federal government welcomes reopening of North Korean hotline ahead of Vancouver summit". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "China, Russia not invited to summit on North Korea in Canada". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2018-01-16.
- Berthiaume, Lee (January 16, 2018). "North Korea meeting in Vancouver: China, Russia urged to enforce sanctions". The Province Newspaper. Canadian Press. Retrieved January 21, 2018.
- "China says Canada meeting on North Korea showed 'Cold War' mentality". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Vancouver Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Security and Stability on Korean Peninsula at Canada.ca
- Reports on the Vancouver Summit on North Korea, and IAR Event
- "Why the Vancouver foreign ministers' meeting matters, even without North Korea at the table". OpenCanada.
- "China sought to water down Vancouver meeting on North Korea | The Japan Times". The Japan Times.
- "Vancouver talks: US threatens North Korea to accept negotiations". aljazeera.com.
- "Opinion | What did the Vancouver summit on North Korea accomplish? Not much". thestar.com. 22 January 2018.
- "Why the Vancouver summit on North Korea was futile". The Globe and Mail.
- "'North Korea must abandon its weapons': Leaders send united message on nuclear threat". Global News. 16 January 2018.
- "North Korean nuclear weapons crisis at a 'tenuous stage,' Rex Tillerson says". The Independent. 17 January 2018.
This article "Vancouver Foreign Ministers’ Meeting on Security and Stability on Korean Peninsula" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.