|Lua error in Module:Infobox_mapframe at line 118: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Annual production volume||400 hectolitres (340 US bbl) (2014)|
|Owned by||Ronald van de Streek|
Sander van de Streek
vandeStreek is a craft beer brewery from Utrecht, the Netherlands, founded by brothers Ronald and Sander van de Streek. They started as contract brewers and opened their own facility in May 2017.
Brothers Ronald and Sander van de Streek started homebrewing around 2009, in Sander's appartment in Kanaleneiland. Every month, they brewed 20 liters, but not for commercial purposes. Sander called it "a hobby that got out of hand". In 2012, they started a crowdfunding campaign. As a gift for his 30th birthday, Sander's girlfriend sold their yet-to-be-brewed beer, totaling of 7 hectolitres (5.9 US bbl).
In February 2013, they incorporated their business as vandeStreek. They initially functioned as contract brewers, i.e., they had to rent the space and equipment from other breweries. In May 2013, their beers Broeders ("Brothers") and Dark Roast were presented at the Utrechtse Bierbrouwersfestival ("Utrecht beer brewers' festival"). In August of that year, vandeStreek launched their Hop Art series. In 2015, they doubled their output and introduced two new beers to their standard line-up, Hop Art IPA and Koper ("Copper"), a rye IPA.
In March 2016, their beer Hop Art #5, a dark IPA received a bronze medal in the Dutch Beer Challenge. In June 2016, their beer Zonnesteek ("Sunstroke") came in fourth in a competition for best local maibock. Reviewers Tomas Schroën and Hecker considered it not a typical maibock and "more for lovers of beer to truly enjoy". In November 2016, Roberto Coletti, a gelato maker from Utrecht, came in fourth in an international gelato tournament. He created an ice cream made with two kinds of beer from vandeStreek. Coletti used 120 millilitres (4.2 imp fl oz) of beer per scoop, and commented that "while it is possible to get drunk, one would have to eat a whole lot of ice cream". In December 2016, vandeStreek announced that their own brewery was being built. They were hoping to open in March 2017. They called their own brewery "a dream come true". In March 2017, vandeStreek became the first craft beer brewery in the Netherlands with an alcohol-free IPA, called Playground Alcoholvrij ("Alcohol-free"). They created the beer in collaboration with a German master brewer. In a tasting competition of alcohol-free beers, held by De Volkskrant, Playground Alcoholvrij came in first in the "other style" categories.
In May 2017, they opened their brewery. For the celebration, they produced a saison, aged on oak, called The First, as it is their first beer made in their own facility. Six months earlier, guests at a event held by vandeStreek could vote on what kind of beer it would become. With their own brewery, vandeStreek wants to try to reach an international audience.
- Dark Roast, a stout. The second beer vandeStreek brewed formed the basis of the beer. It is made with Kenyan coffee.
- Hop Art, an India pale ale. In a blind tasting session, held in August 2017, Hop Art received the first place as Utrecht's best Summer beer.
- Broeders ("Brothers"), a blonde beer made with wheat.
At their brewery in Utrecht, vandeStreek also make try-out beers, in small batches.
- Dirks, Bart (July 16, 2014). "De opmars van bijzondere bierbrouwsels". Volkskrant.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved November 24, 2017.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Oostra, Loeka (July 9, 2017). "Het weekend van... Ronald van de Streek". AD.nl. PCM Publishers. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- "VandeStreek opent brouwerij in Overvecht: 'Het eerste bier is gerijpt op Utrechts eikenhout'". DUIC.nl. May 18, 2017. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- De Lange, Fiona (May 20, 2013). "Nieuwe Utrechtse brouwerij vandeStreek bier". bier.blog.nl. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Volkers, Kees (October 2016). Utrecht Hop! [Utrecht Hops!] (in Dutch). ISBN 9789078641544.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link) Search this book on
- "About us". vandestreek-bier.nl. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Bluiminck, Nathalie (March 24, 2016). "Alle winnaars Dutch Beer Challenge 2016". MissetHoreca.nl. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Grote biertest onder Utrechtse brouwerijen kent verrassende winnaar". DUIC.nl. June 18, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
Door het bittere in dit bier is het vooral een bier voor liefhebbers om echt van te genieten. Hoewel het niet zo lentebockig smaakt, is het wel lekker fris, maar of het nu echt lentebier is?
- "Utrechts bierijs vierde op Italiaanse vakbeurs". RTV Utrecht.nl. November 30, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- "Bier-ijs Robert Gelato behoort tot besten van de wereld". DUIC.nl. November 30, 2016. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Idema, Liselotte (December 14, 2016). "Utrechtse bierbroers vandeStreek openen brouwerij in Overvecht". indebuurt.nl. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Idema, Liselotte (December 14, 2016). "Utrechtse bierbroers openen brouwerij in Overvecht". AD.nl. PCM Publishers. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Masselink, Nils (March 29, 2017). "VandeStreek lanceert de eerste Nederlandse Alcoholvrije IPA!". biernetwerk.nl. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Hiu, Pay-Uun (July 10, 2017). "Dit zijn de lekkerste alcoholarme en alcoholvrije bieren". De Volkskrant.nl. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
Warners dacht aanvankelijk dat ze de Nanny State het lekkerst zou vinden, maar die wordt met glans verslagen door vandeStreek. De Nanny State heeft een nogal strakke chemische geur en smaak (Barnshoon: 'Een beetje asbakkig') en de vandeStreek is niet helemaal in balans, maar wel fris en een beetje earl grey-achtig met een flinke bitter. Het panel geeft hem welgemeend de prijs voor de leukste nieuwkomer. Van der Laan: 'Een uniek bier en goed dat ze het met alcoholvrij proberen.' Daar mag je gerust mee worden gezien.
- Van de Streek, Ronald (May 25, 2017). "THE FIRST – 7% Oak aged Saison". vandestreek-bier.nl. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
- Van den Ham, Hans (August 13, 2017). "'Dit bier slaat he-le-maal dood'". AD.nl. PCM Publishers. Retrieved October 30, 2017.
This article "VandeStreek" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.