Free Republic of Verdis
Motto: Building the future of humanity.
|Official languages||English, Croatian, Serbian|
|Organizational structure||Direct Democracy under a Republic|
|Daniel Jackson (founder)|
• Vice President
|30 May 2019|
|0.455 km2 (0.176 sq mi)|
Verdis, officially the Free Republic of Verdis, is a micronation, also commonly known as an unrecognised sovereign state, that started on an unclaimed piece of land (pocket 3 of the Croatia-Serbia border dispute) on the western part of the Danube River between Croatia and Serbia near Liberland. Verdis was founded on 30 May 2019 by Australian activist Daniel Jackson.
The official Verdis website, like Liberland's says the nation was created on no-man's land (terra nullius) that emerged because Croatia and Serbia have not been able to agree on their borders for over 25 years. This border dispute includes some areas to the east of the Danube which are claimed by both Serbia and Croatia. Croatia considers some areas on the west side of the river, including Verdis, to be part of Serbia, although Serbia no longer claims that land. So far, no country has recognised the Free Republic of Verdis.
Other articles of the topic Europe : Timeline of European automobiles, Borders of Russia, Outline of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, Boguslaw Wozniak, Pierre-Louis Boitel, European International School Chennai, Lurento
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of micronations
- Politics of Croatia
- Terra nullius#Gornja Siga and other pockets
- "Free Republic of Verdis - VerdisGov". www.verdisgov.org.
- "Is this Europe's newest country?". The Writs. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "Verdisian President talks about the logistics of the Free Republic of Verdis". menafn.com.
- "Četrnaestogodišnjak osniva novu državu između Hrvatske i Srbije". Likaclub.eu. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "Europe's Newest Country, the Free Republic of Verdis". menafn.com.
- "A new country in Europe is forming, and it is modern and environmentally conscious". digitaljournal.com.
- "Liberland 2.0: Kako jedan četrnaestogodišnjak stvara državu između Hrvatske i Srbije". RTL Hrvatska (RTL Croatia). Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- "A simple explanation about Verdis". instagram.com.
- "An entirely new country in Europe is forming". nyheadline.com.
- "About - MoFA". mofa.vrdgov.org.
- "This is Europe's Newest Country". aussiejournal.com.
|This Europe-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Verdis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Verdis. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.