Financial broker, businessman
|📆 Years active||2006- present|
|Whistleblower of money laundering|
Victor Carlstrom, is a Swedish businessman and broker. He is the founder and CEO of Vinacossa Enterprises Group. He is best known as the whistleblower for uncovering a money laundering scheme in Sweden.
Carlstrom started his career as a financial broker in Sweden. He went on to become one of the top investors for Swedish finance and insurance company, Folksam. Carlstrom employed more than 200 people and managed more than 10,000 clients, working virtually with major banks in Europe and the United States. In 2013, he founded Vinacossa Enterprises, an investment company in Nicosia, Cyprus.
While working with Folksam, he noticed suspicious activities related to money laundering. Carlstrom was a part of reporting a $150 billion money laundering scheme in Swedbanks’ Baltic operation. After discovering the money laundering scheme, his companies became a part of government agencies investigations and no major investigation was led against the company and their executives. Later, he claimed he had faced several death threats.
- Hyerczyk, Contributor James. "Asian Shares Mixes After IMF Issues Warning". Nasdaq. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Asian Shares Mixes After IMF Issues Warning". www.fxempire.com. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "How the Fed Cut Affects Refinances". money-rates.com. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- Hicks, Coryanne. "Advising Clients on Using a Backdoor Roth IRA". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Swedbank hit with record $386 million fine over Baltic money-laundering breaches". Reuters. 19 March 2020. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- Matters, Business (17 April 2020). "The plight of recent whistleblowers". Business Matters. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Victor Carlstrom sues Swedbank, Folksam and Swedish tax agency". Russian Insight. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Consultor financeiro sueco Victor Carlstrom move ação judicial contra Folksam, Swedbank e autoridades suecas no valor de US$ 4,2 bilhões por alegados crimes listados na lei R.I.C.O. Act". Exame. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Иск против Folksam, Swedbank и шведских надзорных органов подал Виктор Карлстром". BUSINESS-POST (in русский). 28 December 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- Capital, Vestors. "Folksam, Swedbank und schwedische Behörden wegen mutmaßlicher Verbrechen gemäß dem R.I.C.O.-Gesetz von schwedischem Finanzberater Victor Carlstrom auf 4,2 Milliarden US-Dollar verklagt". Vestors Capital (in Deutsch). Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Victor Carlstrom sues Swedbank, Folksam and Swedish tax agency". TASS. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Estonia Launches Criminal Probe Into Swedbank Money Laundering Scandal". U.S. News & World Report. 29 October 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- Peyton -, Antony. "Folksam and Swedbank hit with $4.2bn 'lawsuit of the decade' – Fintech Direct". Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Famous Whistleblowers Who Paid the Painful Price for Truth". The Daily Iowan. 28 April 2020. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Folksam, Swedbank And Swedish Authorities Sued for Alleged Crimes Listed in The R.I.C.O. Act by Swedish Financial Advisor Victor Carlstrom for 4.2 Billion USD". Yahoo.com. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Folksam、Swedbank、スウェーデン当局にRICO法犯罪で42億ドルの訴訟、スウェーデン人金融アドバイザー". jp.acrofan.com (in 日本語). 20 December 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "Libya Breaking and Latest Headlines Updates". Retrieved 27 May 2020.
This article "Victor Carlstrom (businessman)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Victor Carlstrom (businessman). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.