This article uses bare URLs, which may be threatened by link rot. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Edit this InfoBox|
Vinaya at the Dance World Cup 2018 at Barcelona, Spain, June 2018.
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India28 January 2002
|Residence||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Awards||Has been awarded The Indian Oil Sports Scholar award for 3 years from December 2018|
Vinaya Seshan (born 28 January 2002) is a Bengaluru based student, who is also a state-level footballer, international dancer, stage artist and percussionist. She was on the first Asian team to win a Gold Medal in the Hip-Hop genre at any of the Dance World Cup events.
Vinaya spent her early childhood in Munich, Germany and moved to India to join National Public School, HSR Layout in 2008. In 2010, she moved to London for 2 years and studied at St Mary's CE Primary School, Twickenham Town in England, before relocating to India and joining Inventure Academy in 2012. She will be completing her high school from here in 2020. Her brother Vishnu, 3 years her senior, is studying Molecular Bio-engineering in the Imperial College London.
Vinaya is a keen footballer and plays goalkeeper for her club, Bangalore United Football Club, women’s team and the Karnataka State Women's Football team. She has represented the Karnataka football as the Goalkeeper in the below tournaments:
- Under 19 Team – October 2015 at Mapusa, Goa.
- State Senior Football Team – June 2017, Phagwara, Punjab.
- Under 19 Team (Captain) – August 2017, Cuttack, Odisha (also in Times of India 25-Jul-17)
- State Senior Football Team – September 2018, Cuttack, Odisha 
She also captained the Sports Authority of India (SAI) Under-19 team in the BSF conducted Oorja Cup tournament in June 2017 and were South Zone Runners-up. She was part of the Bangalore United Football Club (BUFC) winning team of the Karnataka State Women’s league for representation at the Indian Women's League 2019.
Vinaya was part of the team that won Asia's first Hip-Hop Gold medal in the Dance World Cup. and is the only Asian to win the solo Hip-Hop Gold at the Dance World Cup Finals event. Her preferred genre is Hip-hop and has participated in many key events across the country. Her key wins are:
- Dance World Cup 2015, Romania
- Dance World Cup 2016, Jersey
- Dance World Cup 2017, Offenburg, Germany
- Dance World Cup 2018, Barcelona, Spain
She has been part of the following theatre performances in key roles:
- Selfish Giant – Jagriti Theater, Dec 2013
- The Kick The Quest The Question – Sept 2013.
- Beyond the Bubble – Sept 2015
- Every Inch Upstream – Nov 2017
Vinaya has been awarded the Indian Oil Sports Scholar award for 3 years from December 2018.
- India Qualifier Video
- She TV Interview
- Tamil Mojo
- Hip-hop Trio DWC 2017 Gold
- Hip-hop Solo DWC 2017 Bronze
- Hip-hop Solo DWC 2018 Gold
- Hip-hop Group DWC 2018 Silver
This article "Vinaya Seshan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Vinaya Seshan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.