|Founder 👔||Dr Alexander Young|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Dr Alexander Young (CEO)|
Number of employees
Virti is an educational technology company that uses virtual reality, augmented reality and machine learning founded in 2018 by former trauma and orthopaedic surgeon Dr Alexander Young the company operates in healthcare training to improve patient safety.
In the spring of 2018, Virti was selected as one of 20 companies onto the NHS's Digital Health.London programme. In February 2018, Virti were selected onto PwC's Scale Health Programme and in March 2018 won the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Triennial Innovation Prize.
In October 2018 Virti won the VR Awards Healthcare Award held in London.  In January 2019 Virti were awarded an EdWard for research conducted using the platform from University College London's EDUCATE programme.
In March 2019 the company was selected onto the NHS's National Innovation Programme which supports uptake and spread of proven, impactful innovations across England’s NHS, benefitting patients, populations and NHS staff.  In May 2019 Virti won the Mayor of London MedTech Award for Best Startup.
In March 2020 Virti provided COVID training for frontline health workers in the NHS and internationally.
- Luke Roberge (2019-01-23). "Behind the Scenes of the Creation of Virti". aixr. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Digital Health.London welcomes second cohort of digital health businesses".
- Digital Catapult (2018-02-06). "PwC and Digital Catapult launch the Scale Health programme". Digital Catapult. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Virti wins 2018 Triennial Surgical Innovation Competition". RCSEd. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- Kevin Eva (2018-10-18). "VR Awards 2018: The Winners Speak". VR Focus. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- David Jagneaux (2018-10-18). "VR Awards 2018 Winners Announced". UpLoad VR. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- Charley Rogers (2019-01-05). "Educate announces EdWards recipients". Ed Technology. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "VR medical training company joins NHS Innovation Accelerator programme". Health Tech News. 2019-03-16. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "Virti selected to join UK NHS NIA programme". Health Tech News. 2019-03-14. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- "2nd Mayor of London MedTech Business Awards Announced". MedCity. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
- Laurence Dodds (2020-03-24). "VR Firm Urgently Retrains 15,000 NHS Workers To Cope With Coronavirus". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2020-04-15.
Other articles of the topic Companies : Informatics India Limited, Ace & Son Moving Picture Co., LLC, Yahoo!, OnVaSortir!, RankMF, SOMDEVICES S.L., ABL Aviation
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
Category:Virtual Reality companies of the United Kingdom Category:Educational Technology companies of the United Kingdom Category:British companies established in 2018
This article "Virti" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Virti. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.