Volusion is a privately-held technology company headquartered in Austin, Texas, providing ecommerce software and marketing and web design services for small and medium sized businesses.  Volusion has over 250 employees and has served more than 180,000 customers since its founding in 1999. The company reports that over $29 billion in sales have been processed by its clients’ sites.
Volusion was started in Simi Valley, California, by 16 year old founder Kevin Sproles. Sproles began by offering web design and consulting services to ecommerce clients. This goal quickly expanded into providing a prepackaged, all-in-one solution for ecommerce store hosting and design. In 2002, Volusion began offering commercial ecommerce services and was the first in the industry to offer a free trial to customers.
From 2002 to 2010, Volusion experienced rapid expansion. The company's workforce expanded to over 200 workers. During this time, the company moved its headquarters from Simi Valley, CA to Austin, TX. 
2010-2016: Mozu Launch and CEO Changes
In 2010 Sproles temporarily left his CEO role to focus on his family. Also in 2010, Volusion launched Mozu, a new cloud-based ecommerce platform focused on enterprise clients rather than small businesses. In 2014, Volusion raised over $35m in financing to support the launch of Mozu. In 2015, Volusion completed another round of equity financing to improve their software, hire more workers, and expand their headquarters.
Over the following years, the Mozu platform had difficulty gaining traction in the enterprise ecommerce industry, and Volusion gradually became unprofitable.
2016-Present: Sale of Mozu and Return of Founding CEO
In 2016 Sproles returned to Volusion as CEO. To put the company back on the path to profitability, Sproles decided to refocus on small- and medium-sized ecommerce clients. Mozu was sold in October 2016 to Kibo Commerce, where it continues to operate as an enterprise ecommerce platform.
- "Bloomberg - Company Overview of Volusion Inc". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- Volusion. "2nd Annual List of The Nation's Top 10 Most Enterprising Cities Released by Volusion". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- "Company". www.volusion.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- Ladendorf, Kirk. "Volusion adding dozens of jobs in move from California to Austin". Austin American. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- "Software Maker Volusion Quietly Replaces CEO - Austin Business Journal". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.(Subscription required.)
- "Volusion set for growth after acquiring new capital - Austin Business Journal". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.(Subscription required.)
- "Eyeing An IPO, E-commerce Software Company Volusion Raises $35M To Take On Shopify". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- "Software maker Volusion raises large round of financing - Austin Business Journal". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.(Subscription required.)
- "Enterprise Commerce. Simplified". www.mozu.com. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
This article "Volusion" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Volusion. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.