Walter Mosley (US lawyer)
Walter Mosley is a United States lawyer who specializes in entertainment, media and technology at Mosley and Associates. His law practice focuses more on representation of celebrities. Mosley represented Blac Chyna in a law suit against Kim Kardashian in 2018. As the case progressed in court, Mosley reportedly received threats to life from unnamed persons on social media platform, Instagram for leading the case against Kardashian. In 2017, Mosley was the attorney who represented DeMario Jackson, a contestant in Bachelor In Paradise show on ABC’s dating series in a ligation against abrupt shutting down of the program. He is a graduate of Harvard Law School and holds Dean’s Award (selected by Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan) and the Traphagen Distinguished Alumni Award. Mosley has presented papers at the United Nations World Summit on Sustainable Development and African Development Conference.
Education and career
Mosley earned a first degree in Computer Engineering from University of Michigan (1996–2000) and a Master’s degree of Science in Information, Economics and Management majoring in Incentive Centred Designed. He holds J.D from Harvard Law School (2005). He is a member of the California and New York states bars as well as the Federal Tax Court and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He began his legal career as a clerk to Judge Damon J. Keith on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. His legal practice centered on Labor & Employment, Corporate Transactions, Entertainment, Hospitality and Real Estate. Mosley represents Debbie Allen Dance Academy – a Los Angeles-based non-profit organization. Before venturing into entertainment and media law practice, he spent four years as a corporate lawyer in the Los Angeles and New York offices of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and was Head of Business Affairs and General Counsel at Smith Global, Inc. (a Smith Family entertainment company) for two years.
He had a stint in engineering profession when he worked with Intel Corporation as a chip designer and software engineer and later moved to telecommunication firms in Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa.
- "Walter Mosley #244169 – Attorney Licensee Search". members.calbar.ca.gov. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Attorneys, All California. "Walter Mosley". All California Attorneys. Retrieved 19 August 2020.
- "Kellman v Mosley". Justia Law. Retrieved 19 August 2020.
- "walter mosley entertainment lawyer". www.mendosmarket.com. Retrieved 19 August 2020.
- "FindLaw's Court of Appeals of Texas case and opinions". Findlaw. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- School, Harvard Law. "Traphagen Distinguished Alumni Speaker Series with Walter Mosley JD'05". Harvard Law School. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "DeMario Jackson's Lawyer: Tapes Will 'Vindicate' Him". Us Weekly. 17 June 2017. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Blac Chyna's Lawyers Speak Out on Her Leaked Sex Tape: 'Girls Have Killed Themselves Over Revenge Porn'". Complex. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Donnelly, Erin. "Blac Chyna Has Lawyered Up After Rob Kardashian's Revenge Porn Drama". www.refinery29.com. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Pantazi, Chloe. "Blac Chyna's lawyer has called Rob Kardashian's 'revenge porn' attack an 'assault'". Insider. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Blac Chyna's Lawyer: 'Betrayals Often Come From Those Most Close To Us'". The Blast. 20 February 2018. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Blac Chyna's Lawyers Are Reportedly Receiving Death Threats". Complex. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "DeMario Jackson's Lawyer Speaks Out Amid 'Bachelor in Paradise' Controversy". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "DeMario Jackson's Lawyer Speaks Out Amid 'Bachelor in Paradise' Controversy". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth; Wagmeister, Elizabeth (17 June 2017). "'Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant DeMario Jackson's Lawyer Speaks Out (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Siblings' springboard to success | The Grosse Pointe Academy". Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Walter Mosley Lawyer, Bio, Age, Height, Wife & Net Worth". aussiecelebs.com.au. Retrieved 19 August 2020. Unknown parameter
This article "Walter Mosley (US lawyer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Walter Mosley (US lawyer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.