What Death Leaves Behind
|What Death Leaves Behind|
What Death Leaves Behind
|Directed by||Scott A. Hamilton|
|Produced by||Rachel K. Ofori|
|Story by||Chad Morton|
|Music by||Tasos Eliopoulos|
|Cinematography||Scott A. Hamilton|
|Edited by||Scott A. Hamilton|
Search What Death Leaves Behind on Amazon.What Death Leaves Behind is a 2018 American thriller film produced by Rachel K. Ofori and directed by Scott A. Hamilton, with story by Chad Morton. It's ensemble cast includes Christopher Mann, Vincent Young, Erin O'Brien, Johnny Alonso, Alexandra Tydings, Shaira Barton, Amanda Diaz, Kelly Dowdle and Khalil McMillan.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- Christopher Mann
- Vincent Young
- Erin O'Brien
- Johnny Alonso
- Alexandra Tydings
- Shaira Barton
- Amanda Diaz
- Kelly Dowdle
- Khalil McMillan
What Death Leaves Behind premiered at the 10th Annual 2018 DTLA Film Festival on October 21, 2018 in Los Angeles, California where the film won best breakthrough performance for Khalil McMillan]. The film screened at the Pan African Film Festival on February 8, 2018.
Jack Bottomley of UK Film Review gave an overall positive review of four out of five stars saying: "Hamilton’s film never feels to lose its train of thought or its sense of style. Thanks to the cinematography (also by Hamilton) and score by Tasos Eliopoulos, this film has an interesting aesthetic, at times being quite grounded in realism, at others feeling a bit noirish and in the genuinely nightmarish vision sequences (all the more incredible thanks to the black and white visuals), the film almost evokes the hypnosis sequences from Jordan Peele’s sublime Get Out."
William Powell of Blasting News gave a postive review saying: "Some films leave you feeling thoroughly entertained and emotionally spent. "What Death Leaves Behind," which premiered at the city of Philadelphia's Prince Theatre on Saturday, March 10th, is a film that manipulates the audience like a maestro and keeps them guessing throughout. (There was another showing on March 15th at Philadelphia's Studio Movie Grill.) "What Death Leaves Behind" was directed by Scott A. Hamilton. It was written by Hamilton, Giampietro, Chad Morton, and Rachel K. Ofori. This is the best filmI've seen this year."
IndyRed says: "None of the hallmarks of indie film are present - mainly the hollow or corny acting. Instead, we get to witness a bunch of talented individuals making damn sure we take this movie seriously. A huge thank you to the entire troupe from myself. It's always great to forget you're watching a film - and simply focus on the story being told."
Critic Roger Moore wrote in Movie Nation that: "Director and co-writer Scott A. Hamilton makes a big deal out of his debut feature, “What Death Leaves Behind” being an example of “non-linear” storytelling. ... But Hamilton — no, he’s not the figure skater — oversells the gimmick in this interesting, somber but slower-than-slow fantasy-thriller." Moore goes on to say: "There have been horror movies on this subject before. “The Eye” was one, and “Body Parts” and “Tell Tale” and so on. None were told with “non-linear” stories. So what we’re left with is an intriguing concept for a story, so slackly told that it feels as enervated as Jake is pre-transplant. There’s not much in the way of action to draw us in."
- "What Death Leaves Behind (Official site)". Smash Entertainment.
- "What Death leave Behind". DTLA Film Festival. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Desk, BWW News. "10th Annual DTLA Film Festival Announces 2018 Filmmaker Awards". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- Ortega, Jennifer (September 15, 2019). "What Death Leaves Behind: Interviews & Review of New Dark Thriller". Culturally Obsessed. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- "Blog | Film Reviews & Movie Trailers". uk-film-review. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- "'What Death Leaves Behind' takes viewers on a Hitchcockian journey". Blasting News. 2018-03-19. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "What Death Leaves Behind". IndyRed. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- Moore, Roger (28 August 2019). "The horrors of "What Death Leaves Behind"". Movie nation. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Official site
- What Death Leaves Behind on IMDb Search this movie on
- What Death Leaves Behind on Black Girl Nerds
- What Death Leaves Behind on Rotten Tomatoes
This article "What Death Leaves Behind" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:What Death Leaves Behind. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.