When Life Gives You Lemons (Short Film)
When Life Gives You Lemons is a 2020 surrealist short comedy, written and directed by Kyriakos Georgiou. Also known as When Life Gives You Lemons, Take Them Because There is None Left in Tescos. This film was created in response to the global pandemic of coronavirus in 2020. Set six months into lockdown, this film follows the story of Jay, played by Kyriakos Georgiou, a key worker who gives us an insight into his daily routine as he explains how life for him has not changed. The film was created entirely during quarantine.
The title of the film is in reference to the unusual public reaction of stockpiling toilet paper when the COVID-19 lockdown began across many countries around the world.
The film starts with the narrator (Kyriakos Georgiou) announcing that six months have now passed since UK lockdown began. Jay getting ready to leave for work, explains that despite quarantine is affecting many others, as a key worker, things for him have not changed. After shouting bye to his family, Jay opens the front door, at this point he freezes for a moment, shuts the door and continues his journey to work (in his house). We follow Jay throughout his day at work and on his way home. The final scene shows Jay preparing his dinner, which consists of toilet paper and lemons.
- Kyriakos Georgiou as Jay, a key worker who has managed to cope well during the pandemic.
- Mia Georgiou as Coffee Shop girl, a possible figure of Jay's imagination.
- Cyrus Mirzashafa as Letterbox Man, a possible figure of Jay's imagination.
- Rocco the Dog as Duck, a possible figure of Jay's imagination.
- When Life Gives You Lemons (Short) on IMDb
- When Life Gives You Lemons Behind the Scenes
- When Life Gives You Lemons on Vimeo
This article "When Life Gives You Lemons (Short Film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:When Life Gives You Lemons (Short Film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.