Witchin' is an American comedy fantasy web series created and written by Allison Wendell and Aden Talia. The story centres around a loner, emo witch who goes to college to seduce a ‘true’ man to sacrifice to Satan on the winter solstice to keep her full witch powers. The pilot for the series premiered in May, 2018. The show is currently hosted on FEA 322 at CSULB's YouTube channel.
Isla is preparing for the Winter Solstice festival where young witches in their 21st year must present a male victim to sacrifice. The only catch is there will be only one witch selected into the coven - the one who chooses the man with the most masculine essence. Isla stands in front of the fountain and chants ominously with her arms out- asking for her man to be revealed. The sky thunders. Eli taps her politely and ruins the moment by asking her about meditation and mindful thinking. She frowns. This is not the man.
In a flashback, two coven leaders explain how important the sacrifice is. Rose glares at Isla while Isla loses any sense of calmness.
Back in the present, Isla shows up to college and goes to her first class. She spots Bryan and tries to pour a potion into his water bottle. Rose intercedes by moving it away. Isla is awkward in class when introducing herself.
Due to a mix up in potions, Isla accidentally charms Eli. Eli follows her around, questions everything she does, and they both become an unlikely pair.
Meanwhile, one witch competing named Rose, steals a forbidden book to directly communicate with Satan and sabotage the other witches’ chances at winning. She ends up summoning something too deadly to take down and Isla and Eli must step in to stop it when it wreaks havoc on the Winter Solstice.
Characters and cast
- Allie Parker portrays Isla Fade. Isla is young emo loner witch who struggles with fitting in both the witch community and the college community. She is known for her elaborate lies, unsupervised spell casting and mischief.
- Karl Kristian Flores portrays Eli Darling. Eli is a hippie type guy who believes in peace, love, and all things organic. His bright demeanour clashes with Isla’s dark one. Eli is devoted to Isla and her happiness.
- Mikaela Moody portrays Rose Cromwell. Rose is the main antagonist for most of the series. She grew up privileged, coming from a long line of witches, and she's desperate to carry that on. She is isolated due to her status, rather than being shy. Rose was inspired by Sharpay Evans from High School Musical.
- Heidi Appe portrays Maybelle - Coven leader and avid pizza fan.
- Chloë Caro portrays Kathy - Coven leader and loves The Bachelor.
- Nick Lambo portrays Professor Ross - Teacher of Isla, Rose, Eli, Tyler and Bryan.
- Adriano Brown portrays Tyler - Ex best-friend of Eli.
- Christopher Berg portrays Bryan - Rose’s ‘true’ man, on the rugby team, goes to Cowboy Country and drinks a lot.
- Tommy - Isla’s pet black cat, whomst Isla always confides in.
The web series pilot was student produced at California State University, Long Beach as part of the Diverse Media: Writing and Production course. Pre-production for the series began in late February with production following closely behind by starting during Spring break in 2018. The pilot was first shown to audiences in May, 2018.
The production team consisted of:
- Allison Wendell - Writer and Producer
- Aden Talia - Writer and Producer
- Line Lyng - Director
- Jake Winn - Cinematographer
- Erika Perez - Sound Design and Editor
The show was shot on campus at California State University, Long Beach as well as on location in Huntington Beach.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxqYUd0HIHU&t=412s Witchin' Pilot
This article "Witchin'" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Witchin'. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.