YETi English (Your Everyday Teacher in English) is a free educational app designed to help people learn English. It is available in Arabic, Polish, Romanian, Spanish, Urdu and Portugeuse.
Development on the YETi English app began in 2017 at the English Language School based in Bradford, UK.
YETi English was initially developed to provide an extra learning platform for ELS students to practice English outside of the classroom but in September 2018 it was launched to the general public through the Google Play Store and iTunes App Store.
It was originally a paid-for-app, but in March 2019 it was re-released as a free app supported by mobile advertising.
YETi English inclues different language challenges including:
- Four picture match: tap on the correct picture
- Multiple choice quiz: choose the correct answer
- Reveal picture: tap on the tiles to reveal the picture
- Missing word: find the missing word in the sentence
- Translate: learn to translate from Portuguese to English or English to Portuguese
- Speech recognition: listen to a native English voice and repeat in English
- Sentence builder: construct a sentence in English from randomly ordered tiles
There are 36 categories which are unlocked in order and are designed to guide the learner from Basic to Advanced level.
- April 2019 - Support for Hindi learners
- TBA - Support for Mandarin learners
- TBA - British Citizenship addon
This article "YETi English" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:YETi English. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.