|Alma mater||Phillips Exeter Academy|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Branch/service||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||2001–2007|
Zachary Iscol is an American entrepreneur and former U.S. Marine.
Early life and education
He joined the United States Marine Corps following graduation in 2001, and served two tours in Iraq where he fought in the Second Battle of Fallujah, and served in other assignments in Africa and the Middle East. In 2007, while still on active duty, he testified before the United States Senate about the need to protect Iraqi refugees, especially translators and others who put their lives in danger to help U.S. forces.
He is the founder, former executive director, and current chairman of a nonprofit healthcare company, the Headstrong Project, which manages and provides care for only post 9/11 veterans suffering from trauma. In 2010, he directed documentary film, The Western Front, which screened at the Tribeca Film Festival. In 2013, he was a member of the Team USA Triathlon team, and participated in the 2013 ITU World Championships in London. In 2017, he received Exeter Academy's John Phillips Award.
Task & Purpose
Iscol is the CEO/Founder of Task & Purpose.
In 2018, managing editor Adam Weinstein resigned after Iscol requested that he change the title of a ProPublica investigation into undue influence over the Department of Veterans Affairs featured on the site. Weinstein contended that Iscol strongly disagreed with both the title and the factual accuracy of the reporting done by ProPublica which Weinstein felt was undue influence on the publication's editorial independence. Weinstein also said that this was not the first time that management, specifically Iscol, had interfered in the editorial process in an effort to make the publication appealing to more conservative readers.
- "Change Generation: Zach Iscol, Writer, Director, and Producer, The Western Front". Fast Company. 2011-01-13. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- "Zachary Iscol '97 receives the 2017 John Phillips Award". Phillips Exeter Academy. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- "The Plight of Iraqi Refugees | United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary". www.judiciary.senate.gov. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- Union. "Results: 35-39 Male AG - 2013 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London". World Triathlon Series. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "Zachary Iscol '97 receives the 2017 John Phillips Award". Phillips Exeter Academy. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "About Task & Purpose - Task & Purpose". taskandpurpose.com. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- Nover, Scott. "A Popular Military Website Is Attacked From the Right". www.theatlantic.com. The Atlantic. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- Levine, Jon. "Military Veterans' News Site's Top Editor Quits, Says He Faced Pressure to Be 'Less Liberal'". www.thewrap.com. The Wrap. Retrieved 15 August 2019.
This article "Zachary Iscol" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zachary Iscol. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.