Zarb-e-Sukhan is a Kulliyat of Urdu poetry by Pakistani-Dutch poet, writer, journalist and scholar Ehsan Sehgal. It is consists of six Urdu poetry collections, which cover over forty years work of author and has been acknowledged in Urdu literature.
Summary of collection
Zarb-e-Sukhan includes Parwaz-e-Takhial, Andaz-e-Takhaial, Saaz-e-Takhaial, Naaz-e-Takhaial, Afkar Ki Khushboo, and Charagh-e-Dardwhich. Sehgal has good knowledge of Urdu poetry metres. Ehtesham Anwar expressed his view in the English-language Indian newspaper the Daily Rising Kashmir as authoritatively poetic couplets that help others to learn the basics of the art of Urdu rhythmic poetry. Sehgal's ghazals and naats from the collection have been sung by several Pakistani singers.
Dr Amjad Parvez wrote: "Ehsan probably is very particular in the regard and has taken pains to mention the metres below each and every piece of poetry included in his present book. Famous Indian poet Nida Fazli agrees with Ehsan Sehgal that the experiments in both traditional and untraditional knitting of thought process have been widely accepted and with the passage of time such changes have found a place in the mainstream literature. He also compares Ghalib's thought in the couplet with his couplet."
- Dr Amjad Parvez (25 March 2013). "A splendid poetry collection". Daily Times. Archived from the original on 18 January 2014. Unknown parameter
- Ehtesham Anwar (29 December 2012). "Urdu, surviving against odds". Rising Kashmir. Archived from the original on 18 February 2013. Unknown parameter
- https://archive.today/w8JJA#selection-1527.444-1527.549%7CDailu Jang
- "احسان سہگل کا نیا انگریزی شعری مجموعہ شائع" [Ehsan Sehgal's New English Poetry Collection Published]. jang.com.pk. 22 December 2019. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- http://archive.is/qcbx7 -Daily Jang
This article "Zarb-e-Sukhan (Kulliyaat)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zarb-e-Sukhan (Kulliyaat). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.