Ziaul Haque (academic)
Ziaul Haque (d. 1998) was a scholar of economic history and Islamic studies, who worked in the Islamic Research Institute, Islamabad, Pakistan, from September 1964 to June 1984 as Researcher/Associate Professor. Later he would join the Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad, as a consultant and rose up to the position of Chief of Research there.
Education and career
Haque was educated at the University of Sindh and the University of Chicago, focusing on subjects like Economics, Arabic and Islamic studies. He specialized in the economic history of early Islam and the Middle East, and also wrote extensively about the current economic issues in Islamic countries. He served as Editor of the quarterly research journal Islamic Studies, and also as Associate Editor of The Pakistan Development Review and South Asia Bulletin.
Among Haque's publications were the books Prophets and Progress in Islam (Kuala Lumpur: Utusan, 2008); Landlord and Peasant in Early Islam (Islamabad, 1977); Islam and Feudalism: The Economics of RIBA, Interest and Profit (1985), later expanded as RIBA: The Moral Economy of Usury, Interest and Profit (Kuala Lumpur: Ikraq, 1995); and Revelation and Revolution in Islam (1987).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 July 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Reviews of Landlord and Peasant in Early Islam:
- van Ess, Josef (1979), Die Welt des Orients, 10: 149, JSTOR 25682942CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Dūrī, 'Abd al-'Azīz (January 1979), Der Islam: Zeitschrift für Geschichte und Kultur des Islamischen Orients, 56 (1): 97, doi:10.1515/islm.19184.108.40.206CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Ansari, A. S. Bazmee (June 1979), Arabica, 26 (2): 199–204, JSTOR 4056380CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Ruiz Figueroa, Manuel (July–September 1979), Estudios de Asia y Africa, 14 (3 (41)): 572–575, JSTOR 40311905CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Cahen, Claude (October 1979), Journal of the Economic and Social History of the Orient, 22 (3): 340–341, doi:10.2307/3631835CS1 maint: Untitled periodical (link)
- Review of RIBA: The Moral Economy of Usury, Interest, and Profit:
|This biography of a Pakistani economist is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Ziaul Haque (academic)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ziaul Haque (academic). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.