|Part of a series on the|
Zorecimeran, also known as CVnCoV is a COVID-19 vaccine candidate developed by CureVac and Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI).
Zorecimeran is an mRNA technology programmed with information about the coronavirus protein as an unknown pathogen, and activates the immune system against it. As an mRNA vaccine, zorecimeran has established safety, and provides a minimal, harmless piece of the coronavirus spike protein to initiate an immune response against COVID-19 disease. Zorecimeran technology does not interact with the human genome.
Clinical trial progress
In December, CureVac began a Phase III clinical trial of zorecimeran with 36,500 participants. Bayer will provide clinical trial support and international logistics for the Phase III trial, and may be involved in eventual manufacturing should the vaccine prove to be safe and effective.
Manufacturing of mRNA vaccines can be performed rapidly in high volume, including use of portable, automated printers ("RNA microfactories") for which CureVac has a joint development partnership with Tesla.
mRNA vaccines require stringent cold chain refrigeration throughout manufacturing, distribution and storage. The CureVac technology for zorecimeran uses a non-modified, more natural mRNA less affected by hydrolysis, enabling storage at 5 °C (41 °F) and relatively simplified cold chain requirements that facilitate up to three months of storage and distribution to world regions that do not have specialized ultracold equipment.
CureVac has a European-based network to accelerate manufacturing of zorecimeran, if proven safe and effective, for production of up to 300 million doses in 2021 and 600 million doses in 2022. An estimated 405 million doses will be provided to EU states.
- Schlake, Thomas; Thess, Andreas; Fotin-Mleczek, Mariola; Kallen, Karl-Josef (2012). "Developing mRNA-vaccine technologies". RNA Biology. 9 (11): 1319–1330. doi:10.4161/rna.22269. ISSN 1547-6286. PMC 3597572. PMID 23064118.
- "Understanding mRNA COVID-19 vaccines". US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 18 December 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- "CureVac's Covid-19 vaccine induces immune response in study". Clinical Trials Arena. 3 November 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- "CureVac's COVID-19 vaccine triggers immune response in Phase I trial". Reuters. 2 November 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- "Multicenter Clinical Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Investigational SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine CVnCoV in Adults 18 Years of Age and Older". EU Clinical Trials Register. 19 November 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
Proposed INN: "Zorecimeran"
- "A Study to Determine the Safety and Efficacy of SARS-CoV-2 mRNA Vaccine CVnCoV in Adults". ClinicalTrials.gov. 8 December 2020. NCT04652102. Retrieved 19 December 2020.
- Ludwig Burger (6 January 2021). "CureVac strikes COVID-19 vaccine alliance with Bayer". Reuters. Retrieved 7 January 2021.
- Allie Nawrat (3 December 2020). "Q&A with CureVac: resolving the ultra-cold chain logistics of Covid-19 mRNA vaccines". Pharmaceutical Technology. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
- "Tesla to make molecule printers for German COVID-19 vaccine developer CureVac". Reuters. 2 July 2020. Retrieved 19 December 2020.
- Kartoglu, Umit; Milstien, Julie (28 May 2014). "Tools and approaches to ensure quality of vaccines throughout the cold chain". Expert Review of Vaccines. 13 (7): 843–54. doi:10.1586/14760584.2014.923761. ISSN 1476-0584. PMC 4743593. PMID 24865112.
- Hanson, Celina M.; George, Anupa M.; Sawadogo, Adama; Schreiber, Benjamin (19 April 2017). "Is freezing in the vaccine cold chain an ongoing issue? A literature review". Vaccine. 35 (17): 2127–33. doi:10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.09.070. ISSN 0264-410X. PMID 28364920.
- Fraiser Kansteiner (17 November 2020). "CureVac, armed with COVID-19 vaccine deal, plots 'pandemic-scale' Euro manufacturing expansion". FiercePharma, Questex LLC. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
Others articles of the Topics Medicine AND Viruses : List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in April 2021, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in February 2021, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in May 2021, List of deaths due to COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in January 2021, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in June 2020
Others articles of the Topics Viruses AND Coronavirus disease 2019 : List of SARS outbreaks, List of deaths due to COVID-19, ZyCoV-D, PTX-COVID19-B, List of healthcare systems forced to ration care for COVID-19 patients during the COVID-19 pandemic, ARCT-021, CoviVac
Others articles of the Topics Medicine AND Coronavirus disease 2019 : List of cancellations, closures and postponements in California during the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, CoviVac, ZyCoV-D, TrumpVirus, COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States, PTX-COVID19-B, List of deaths due to COVID-19
Others articles of the Topic Medicine : Oxygen therapy, List of Indonesian people with COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in August 2021, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in May 2020, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in November 2020, List of SARS outbreaks, Paul McMillian Davis Jr.
Others articles of the Topic Viruses : COVID-19 pandemic deaths in April 2021, List of deaths due to COVID-19, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in August 2020, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in April 2020, COVID-19 pandemic deaths in June 2020, Coronavirus, ARCT-021
Others articles of the Topic Coronavirus disease 2019 : CoviVac, List of healthcare workers who died during COVID-19 pandemic, ZyCoV-D, PTX-COVID19-B, COVID-19 pandemic in the Commonwealth of Independent States, Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Universal Pictures, West Bengal COVID-19
This article "Zorecimeran" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zorecimeran. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.