Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Founders||Antoine Hubert, Jean-Gabriel Levon, Fabrice Berro, Alexis Angot|
|Headquarters||Évry, Essonne, France|
Number of employees
Ÿnsect is a company created in 2011, specialising in the breeding of insects to produce ingredients for domestic and breeding animals.
These ingredients, mainly proteins and lipids, meet the needs of the animal nutrition markets.
2011 : Creation of Ÿnsect by Antoine Hubert (AgroParisTech), Jean-Gabriel Levon (HEC Paris, Polytechnique), Fabrice Berro (Ensimag) and Alexis Angot (Essec).
In 2012, Ÿnsect joined the Paris-based startup incubator, Agoranov.
In February 2014 the company raised €1.8 Million with Emertec Gestion and Demeter Partners. The same year Ÿnsect won the World Innovation Award and the Cleantech Company of the Year Award in France.
Ÿnsect invested €13 Million in 2015 to build Ÿnsite, its first farmhouse (Fermilière), with the closing of its second financing round at the end of 2014 for €5.8 Million and public authorities' support for €6 Million.
In 2016 Ÿinsect made its first deliveries to customers in the pet-food sector, after the opening of Ÿinsite, in Dole, France. At the end of the year, it completed its third round of financing of €14.2 million with the BPI France Ecotechnologies fund, Quadia and its historical shareholders. With this money Ÿinsect accelerated its development and launched its first large farmhouse, ŸnFarm#1.
Ÿnsect is involved in insect farming, beetle breeding and flour worm production.
- Gay, Jessica (2015-10-19). "Interview: Ynsect and their edible insects". FoodBev Media. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Demand for Edible Insects For Animal Feed Market to be Fuelled by Rapid Shift in Consumer Perception and Increasing Awareness – Whopp News". Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "Agoranov - Incubateur public". Agoranov - Incubateur parisien d'entreprises innovantes. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "This French startup just raised $15M to make food out of mealworms". www.digitaltrends.com. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- Food, Jonathan Smith-22/02/2019 2 mins- (2019-02-22). "French Company to Open Biggest Insect Farm in the World". Labiotech.eu. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- Candau, Marion (2019-04-30). "Northern French region banks on bioeconomy". euractiv.com. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
- "French agritech startup Ÿnsect raises $125 million". Tech.eu. Retrieved 2019-05-07.
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".