|Founded 📆||January 2016|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
4KUniverse is an American entertainment company that is the first 4K resolution TV channel in North America to be released. Founded in 2016 by CEO Matthew Mancinelli in Los Angeles, California, this channel is available through streaming or through satellite in North America as well as abroad in a few other countries, including China.
Notable film acquisitions made by 4KUniverse include the 2014 feature film The Toy Soldiers, which won "Best Feature" at the 2014 Wild Rose Independent Film Festival, as well as crime thriller Wolf Mother (2016).
In 2016, 4KUniverse's released its first original series Model Turned Superstar, hosted by fitness expert April Scott. This "international reality series challenges more than 100 models from across the world to become the next supermodel."
In 2017, 4KUniverse announced a Red Bull-sponsored Kaleidoscope 4K documentary featuring BMX rider Kriss Kyle. 4K documentaries have been created and released including: · Circles of Life: Iceland in 4K · Death Valley 4K · Grand Canyon 4K · Hoh Rain Forest 4K · Mount Rainier National Park 4K · Painted Hills: Oregon 4K · Redwood National Forest 4K · Ruby Beach 4K · Seattle: Emerald City 4K · Sojourns 4K · Spike 4K -->
The company signed an exclusive deal with the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour as a part of its 4K Live Sports content. "The 4KUniverse-AVP deal covers in-game highlights, [and] pre-game broadcasts of athlete interviews.".
4KUniverse is available as linear television via cable/satellite and as streaming SVOD across OTT apps. The streaming service allows subscribers to stream content on a variety of supported 4K platforms. The 4KUniverse channel became available for streaming on 4K devices including Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Samsung 4K TVs, Sony 4K TVs, and Google Chromecast Ultra, beginning in 2017. 
Matthew Mancinelli (born February 7, 1984) is an American film and television studio executive. Formally Senior Vice President of Worldwide Distribution for Shankly Entertainment (now Principal Media), Mancinelli launched his own company, Mance Media, in January 2012. Mancinelli is the founder and CEO of Mance Media, a global film and television distribution company, and launched one of the first 4K TV channels titled 4KUniverse.
To date, Mancinelli has 10 years experience in content distribution, licensing completed programming from U.S. cable channels & producers to broadcasters in every territory of the world. He has exhibited in Cannes at 15 MIPTV/MIPCOMs and 7 NATPEs to date.
Mancinelli's distributions have aired on most major cable channels in the U.S., including: HBO, ESPN, Fox Sports, Outdoor Channel, Discovery, SpikeTV, PBS, Travel Channel, National Geographic, and Lifetime.
He is a member of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Requirements for 4KUniverse
This section is written like a manual or guidebook. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
4K Cable Channel
• Cable Company has to carry LIVE 4KUniverse Channel. (If cable channel does not carry the channel, you can request it)
• Must own a 4K TV set.
• Cable Company must deliver 4K cable box to your home.
• 4K HDMI Cable.
4KUniverse Streaming App
• Internet connection above 25 megabytes per second
• 4K TV Set
• 4K HDMI cable
- "4KUniverse Touts Roku Milestone - Multichannel". Multichannel.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Mance Media Launching 4KUniverse Channel", "Yahoo", 1 March 2016. Retrieved on 29 January 2017.
- "4KUniverse Set for Chinese Launch", "Digital TV Europe", 16 January 2017. Retrieved on 29 January 2017
- "wildrosefilm". wildrosefilm. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 25 May 2017. Unknown parameter
- [dead link]
- "Model Turned Superstar". Modelturnedsuperstar.com. Archived from the original on 8 July 2017. Retrieved 25 May 2017. Unknown parameter
- McNary, Dave (27 April 2016). "Mance Media Launching 'Model Turned Superstar' on 4KUniverse Channel". variety.com. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- 4KUniverse. "4KUniverse Sets US Premiere For Red Bull Documentary "Kaleidoscope 4K"". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "08/11/16: Neo's new path". Cynopsis.com. 11 August 2016. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "4KUniverse to Air U.S. Pro Beach Volleyball League Matches - TVUSA". worldscreen.com. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- Baumgaurtner, Jeff. "INTX 2016: 4KUniverse Nets AVP Exclusive", Multichannel News, 16 May 2016. Retrieved on 28 January 2017.
- "About". 4KUniverse. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Apps" Archived 2017-02-02 at the Wayback Machine, "4KUniverse", Retrieved on 29 January 2017
- "Amazon.com: 4KUniverse: Appstore for Android". Amazon.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Verizon will start testing 4K streams on its Fios TV service". Theverge.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "4KUniverse launches SVOD channel with Accedo". Telecompaper.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "4KUniverse Sets US Premiere For Red Bull Documentary "Kaleidoscope 4K"". Lelezard.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- [dead link]
- "Mance preps 4K VoD channel". C21media. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- McNary, Dave (1 March 2016). "Mance Media Launching 4KUniverse Channel". Variety.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Matthew Mancinelli". IMDb. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences". Iemmys.tv. Archived from the original on 22 October 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017. Unknown parameter
- "Roku Channel". Cordcutting.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- Roku. "Roku". Roku. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
This article "4KUniverse" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:4KUniverse. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.