|4imprint plc corporate logo|
|Incorporated business, plc|
Area served 🗺️
|Kevin Lyons-Tarr (CEO)|
|Revenue||$750 million (est) (2018)|
Number of employees
4imprint plc. is a London-based direct marketer of promotional merchandise. It has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Europe. 4imprint plc is a publicly held company, traded on the London Stock Exchange under the symbol FOUR. In 2015, Promo Marketing magazine ranked 4imprint as the industry's highest selling company, based on 2014 sales figures. That year, the company reported a 35% increase in revenue over the previous year, when it had nearly $399 million in sales.
Although headquartered in London, 97% of 4imprint's business is in the United States and Canada, where it controls an estimated 3 to 4% of the $23.6 billion promotional products market. 4imprint, Inc., the North American division, is located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. In 2015 it accounted for 96% of the company's revenues and 4imprint UK accounts for the balance. Its English and Irish business operations are centered in Manchester.
Dick Nelson founded Nelson Marketing in Wisconsin in 1984. Nelson Marketing was purchased by the English publishing company Bemrose in 1996. In 2000, Bemrose Corporation exited the paper products business and changed its name to 4imprint Group plc. Its North America division was renamed 4imprint Inc.
In 2003, Hanover Investors, a private equity firm, purchased over 25% of 4imprint over the course of a month. They led a shareholder rebellion, and shareholders called for the removal of all non-executive directors after talks between 4imprint and Hanover Investors broke down. Hanover gained support of shareholders to replace the 4imprint CEO, overhaul US operations, and take control of the board.
4imprint added a distribution center in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in 2009.
In 2012, 4imprint Group plc sold Kreyer Promotion Service GmbH and Brand Addition Limited to European affiliate companies of H.I.G. Capital for ₤24 million.
In 2015, 4imprint announced an expansion of its Oshkosh operations, with plans to add 150 employees over three years. The company pledged to spend $10.8 million to expand its North American headquarters in Oshkosh by 25,000 square feet, and double its distribution center on the west side of the city with a 100,000 square foot addition. The State of Wisconsin, through its Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, authorized 4imprint to get up to $1 million in state tax credits, dependent upon the number of jobs created through the expansion.
- "4imprint Group (FOUR)". Edison Investment Research. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- Bollier, Jeff (15 January 2015). "4imprint to Add 150 Jobs as Part of Oshkosh Expansion". Oshkosh Northwestern. Gannett. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- Miller, Paul (February 2001). "4imprint Makes an Impression with Samples". Catalog Age. Vol. 18 no. 2. New York: Penton Media. p. 18. Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via EBSCO's Business Source Complete.
4imprint sends thousands of types of samples, Iott says, including pens, mouse pads, and travel cups - all imprinted or embossed with the 4imprint logo, phone number, and address.
- Scott, Stefanie (7 July 2000). "Power of Promotion: 4imprint wants to place it in the palm of your hands". The Post-Crescent. Appleton, Wisconsin. p. I-1. Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Scott, Stefanie (7 July 2000). "Power of Promotion: 4imprint wants to place it in the palm of your hands". The Post-Crescent. Appleton, Wisconsin. p. I-6. Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Draeger, Carol (19 March 2000). "Marketing magician: 4imprint plans to double its Oshkosh work force". Oshkosh Northwestern. Oshkosh, Wisconsin. p. D1. Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Draeger, Carol (19 March 2000). "Marketing magician: 4imprint plans to double its Oshkosh work force". Oshkosh Northwestern. Oshkosh, Wisconsin. p. D4. Retrieved 9 May 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Company Overview of 4imprint, Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "FOUR 4IMPRINT GROUP PLC ORD 38 6/13P". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Promo Marketing Announces the Top 50 Distributors for 2015". Promo Marketing. 21 May 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "At a Glance". 4imprint. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- Keers, Helena (30 December 2003). "Bemrose Bought by US Firm". The Telegraph. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Bemrose Corp PLC Change of Name". FE Investegate. 18 August 2000. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "4imprint in US Talks". Manchester Evening News. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Revolt at 4imprint". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media. 23 September 2003. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "4imprint (Public)". Hanover Investors. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "4imprint Announce Sale of Brand Addition". PPD Magazine. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "4imprint to Expand in Oshkosh". WLUK-TV. 15 January 2015. Archived from the original on 21 July 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- Daykin, Tom (15 January 2015). "4imprint Plans $10.8 Million Expansion in Oshkosh". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
This article "4imprint plc" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:4imprint plc. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.