A B Chakravorty
A B Chakravorty
Author AB in 2014
|Born||20 July 1985|
|Alma mater||Alliance University|
A B Chakravorty (born 20 July 1985), is an Indian author,primarily known for his novels The Best Person I Met In 2007 and Split Second. He hails from Guwahati in Assam and currently lives in Mumbai. His first novel was put down by critics but taken well by the young college crowds. It sold a little over 8000 copies, thus doing a business of more than 12 lacs INR. His 2015 Psychological Thriller novel, Split Second opened to rave reviews post the Landmark launch, but has managed to sell only over 5000 copies so far, thus doing a business of around 7.5 lacs INR.
A B Chakravorty was born to poet and theatre artist Late Samir Chakravorty and Gita Chakravorty. He grew up in Assam. He was schooled in St.Mary's (Dibrugarh), St.Xavier's (Duliajan) and Modern School (Guwahati).
An Electronics and Telecomm Engineer and an MBA in Marketing by education, AB apart from his work as a novelist is known also known for his songwriting for a band called Divine Raaga  and the project The M Theory. He quit is seven year old career in advertising and client servicing in companies like IBM, Ogilvy & Mather and Akamai Technologies to take up writing as a full time profession recently.
He now lives in Versova, Mumbai working on additional dialogue and voiceover for a film called CandyFlip.
- "Who am I? Am I worth being known for my work? - A B Chakravorty". Indiamanthan.
- "A.B. Chakravorty". Goodreads.
- "Launch of Split Second by A B Chakravorty at Landmark, Forum Mall Bangalore". Bangalore / Bengaluru.
- CATHERINE RHEA ROY. "Ragas for peace". The Hindu.
- "Joining hands theoretically". The Hindu.
- "'You don't need a degree to play music'". The New Indian Express.
- "Ex-Bollywood guys make a 'Goan movie'". The Times of India.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "A B Chakravorty" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.