A Night in New Arabia (1917 film)
|A Night in New Arabia|
|Directed by||Thomas R. Mills|
|Produced by||Vitagraph/Broadway Star Features Co.|
|Written by||F. R. Buckley|
|Based on||O. Henry|
|Distributed by||General Film Co.|
|4 reels (Approx. 60 min.)|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles) |
A Night in New Arabia is a lost 1917 four reel silent film, directed by Thomas Mills. It is based on the short story A Night in New Arabia from Strictly Business, a collection of 23 short stories by O. Henry published in 1910. The movie critic for the Moving Picture World, Margaret I. MacDonald, says that it "...is one of the best of the O. Henry four-part features".
The picture was part of the O. Henry Stories series of films produced by Vitagraph/Broadway Star Features and distributed by the General Film Company . All based on O. Henry short stories, these pictures featured many of the same actors and included Friends in San Rosario, The Third Ingredient, The Marionettes, The Green Door, Past One at Rooney's, The Cop and the Anthem, The Gold That Glittered, The Duplicity of Hargraves, The Guilty Party, The Last Leaf and The Love Philtre of Ikey Schoenstein.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Frank Glendon as Tom McLeod
- Patsy De Forest as Celia Spraggins
- Horace Vinton as Jacob Spraggins
- Hattie Dalaro as Henrietta
- Hazlan Drouart as Annette McCorkle
[edit | edit source]
- A Night in New Arabia on IMDb
- A Night in New Arabia, on AFI Catalog of Feature Films: The First 100 Years 1893-1993
References[edit | edit source]
- T., F. (November 10, 1917), "Photoplay Reviews: A Night in New Arabia" (PDF), The New York Dramatic Mirror, p. 25, retrieved June 18, 2019
- Motography, volume 18, Issue 19, page 1009, November 10, 1917
- MacDonald, Margaret I. (November 17, 1917), "A Night in New Arabia Fine Sepcimens of O. Henry Philosophy in Film", Moving Picture World, p. 1032, retrieved June 18, 2019
- "Three O. Henry Players Return in The Last Leaf", Motion Picture News, p. 4183, December 15, 1917, retrieved June 18, 2019
- Gevinson, Alan (1997). Within Our Gates: Ethnicity in American Feature Films, 1911-1960. American Film Institute Catalog (1st ed.). University of California Press. p. 1587. ISBN 0-520-20964-8.
Others articles of the Topics Film AND Film in the United States : Rush Hour (franchise)
Others articles of the Topic Film : Sébastien Cipolla, Un peuple et son roi, Carl Marino, List of LGBT-related films, Finn Little, Ahmed Ziad, Lana Austin
Others articles of the Topic Film in the United States : Production of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, Artur Balder, Restraint (2018 film), Hollywood, Dark Night (2018 film), Cinema of the United States, The Suicide Squad
|This short film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "A Night in New Arabia (1917 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:A Night in New Arabia (1917 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.