A War Story (Don Laing)
|A War Story|
|Directed by||John Laing|
|Produced by||Chris Hampson James Heyward|
|Written by||Dean Parker|
A War Story is a New Zealand telefeature produced for TVNZ which follows the story of the first Western journalist to interview Osama Bin Laden.  Directed by John Laing and written by Dean Parker, the film was produced by Chris Hampson and James Heyward. John Leigh plays the role of Peter Arnett, with George Kanaan playing the role of Osama bin Laden.
After a declaration of war on The United States is received from the caves of Tora Bora, CNN journalist Peter Arnett ventures out into Afghanistan with his small crew, to interview the now infamous Osama Bin Laden. They first find themselves in Al-Qaeda's London headquarters where they are given access to interview Bin Laden. Then they must journey through Pakistan to reach Osama's hiding place in Afghanistan. Following closely is interest from the CIA, and a looming threat on whether or not they will even make it there alive.
- John Leigh as Peter Arnett
- Tim Carlsen as Bergen
- George Kanaan as Osama bin Laden
- Ben Van Lier as Jouvenal
- Ishak Issa as Bari
- Chye-Ling Huang as Elsa Arnett
- Teresa Cheung Siu-wai as Nina
- Te Kohe Tuhaka as Khalid
- Thursday; October 2018, 25; TVNZ, 9:30 am Press Release:. "Local heroes – TVNZ bringing the best of NZ to screen | Scoop News". www.scoop.co.nz. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
- Blog, The Daily. "TVNZ SUNDAY 8.30PM – GUEST BLOG: Dean Parker – What do you have in store for us next, Mr Bin Laden? | The Daily Blog". thedailyblog.co.nz. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
This article "A War Story (Don Laing)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:A War Story (Don Laing). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.