Aaron Bridgewater is an American singer, songwriter and musician best known as the founder and lead singer of the Detroit-based extreme metal/melodic death metal band, As They Sleep. Bridgewater is also the co-founder of the Los Angeles-based record label, Luxor Records. The record label was founded in 2007 and now carries a diverse roster of artists spanning from metalcore and deathcore to nu-metal. The record label gained notability when Bridgewater established distribution through big box stores such as Best Buy.
His band, As They Sleep, was formed in 2003 and has released an EP and two full-length albums. As They Sleep saw moderate success with their first album, Blacken the Sun, released on Luxor Records in 2008. The band won Metal Hammer Magazine's "Search for the Next Great Metal Band" which was backed by Brian Slagel, CEO of Metal Blade Records in 2009 and later signed with Solid State Records in 2010 releasing their highly acclaimed second album, Dynasty. The band has also shot and released two music videos for their songs "A Thousand Deaths" (Blacken the Sun) and "Oracle of the Dead" (Dynasty).
Aaron was born and raised in Clarkston, Michigan. His love for heavy music grew intensely throughout his early teen years as he had began playing the guitar at age 9. After graduating from Clarkston High School, Aaron began to develop his metal vocal style and began singing as the front-man for two separate bands which were never named. His extreme vocal style and dedication to forming a band led him to the Detroit area, where he and two other members would form As They Sleep in September 2003. Influenced by acts such as Cannibal Corpse and Suffocation, as well as a plethora of European metal, As They Sleep went on to release two albums, Blacken the Sun and Dynasty, sign a deal with Solid State Records, and win the "Search for the Next Great Metal Band" by Metal Hammer Magazine and Metal Blade Records. The band has toured with many other national acts as well as label mates Becoming the Archetype, Living Sacrifice, To Speak of Wolves, and The Showdown. Bridgewater and the band are currently working on their third album, The Hallowed Abstract, which Bridgewater revealed the title of in 2015. However, since the announcement of the release, the production has been delayed due to Bridgewater moving to Florida and all of the members becoming husbands and fathers.
As of February 1, 2012, Bridgewater resides in Florida with his family and works in real estate in his off time with the band. Bridgewater has a diverse taste in music that spans across various hip hop/rap, jazz, reggae, and independent music all the way down to death metal. Bridgewater was raised as a Christian. A majority of Bridgewater's lyrical content, primarily on Dynasty, was based off Historical events, many of which he learned from personal research as well as watching the History and the Discovery Channels. Bridgewater is also a realtor.
- Blacken the Sun (2008)
- Dynasty (2010)
- The Hallowed Abstract (TBD)
- As They Sleep (2005)
- Moore, Bruce (February 28, 2011). "Interview with As They Sleep vocalist Aaron Bridgewater". Pure Grain Audio. Retrieved on February 6, 2019.
- "AS THEY SLEEP Issue Tour Video Blog". BraveWords. January 27, 2011. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Article reviews focusing on Bridgewater's vocal style/accomplishments
- "Music: Pass The Mic: Record Labels and Artists on 2010". Scene Point Blank. January 3, 2011. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "As They Sleep Luxor Records artists". Luxor Records. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- Bridgewater, Aaron (December 7, 2015). "Hot Butter Podcast: #70 - As They Sleep". Hot Butter Podcast. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- "As They Sleep Wins Search for the Next Great Metal Band". Amazon. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "As They Sleep Wins Search for the Next Great Metal Band". Solid State Records. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Reviled, Joe (January 18, 2011). "Interview With As They Sleep's Aaron Bridgewater". Metal Underground. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "As They Sleep Solid State Records artists". Solid State Records. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- Reimer, Wayne (December 14, 2010). "As They Sleep Interview". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- "Aaron Bridgewater". LinkedIn. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Steve (March 30, 2010). "Interview: Meet vocalist Aaron Bridgewater of As They Sleep". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Van Pelt, Doug (January 21, 2011). "As They Sleep Extended Scenes". HM Magazine. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- zMETALlica (April 6, 2010). "As They Sleep Signs To Solid State Records". Metal Underground. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Beard, Mason (February 25, 2017). "Interview: Tony Luktish of As They Sleep". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- O'Donnell, Shauna (February 1, 2011). "Interview with Aaron Bridgewater of As They Sleep". Muen Magazine. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Debenedictis, Matt (November 22, 2010). "As They Sleep's 'Dynasty' Inspired by History". Noisecreep. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Sciaretto, Amy (November 2, 2010). "As They Sleep, 'Bedlam of the Nile' - Song Premiere". Noisecreep. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "Aaron Bridgewater Real Estate Agent". Remax. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "Dynasty Review". Metal Underground. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- "Article with focus on Bridgewater's vocal accomplishments". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- "As They Sleep - Dynasty". No Coda. July 31, 2013. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
|This article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This music-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Aaron Bridgewater" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aaron Bridgewater. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.