Aaruush is the National Level Techno-Management Fest of SRM Institute of Science and Technology. The word Aaruush translates to The First Rays of the Sun and that is what it was during its inception back in 2007. This fest was the Brainchild of four final year students who wanted to create a platform for people to showcase their talents and skills on a National level.
- 1 History
- 2 Structure
- 3 Events
- 4 Aaruush Nites
- 5 Social cause
- 6 Patronages, Accreditation and Achievements/Recognition
- 7 References
History[edit | edit source]
- In the year of its inception in 2007, Aaruush was inaugurated by Our Late President, The Missile Man of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. "Seek and you shall find, when you feel everything is lost, Innovation will guide you through" his words still echo in the minds of many and has taken Aaruush to the position where it stands now.
- Aaruush transcended into a National Level Technological Fest in 2008. The fest had over 4500 participants.
- Apart from achieving nationwide participation, Aaruush transformed into a Techno-Management Fest in the year 2009.
- In the year 2010, Aaruush had the privilege of hosting the reputed author Mr. Chetan Bhagat, for the Main Quiz. The Arjuna Tank of the Indian Army was also exhibited as a highlight of the Fest.
- Aaruush received recognition from organisations of international repute such as IEEE, DRDO, PETA, WWF, European Space Agency among others, in 2011.
- In the year 2012, Aaruush hosted eminent personalities like Mr. Rajan Anandan, the then MD of Google Inc. India and Mr. Richard Stallhman, founder of the Free Software Foundation. It was the first year of Swastika, a National Level School Quiz Competition organised by team Aaruush.
- The edition of 2013 saw experts of the stature of Dr. Tessy Thomas (The Missile Woman of India), Mr. Krispian Lawrence (co-founder, Ducere Technologies), Mr. Aakash Sinha(founder, CEO of Omnipresent Robot Technologies) with their Guest Lectures. Aaruush also organised its first hacktrack during this edition.
- In the year 2014, the eighth edition hosted Dr. Krishnaswamy Kasturiangan (Former Chairman of ISRO) as the chief guest and also Mr. Sam Pitroda, who is widely regarded as the Father of Indian Telecommunication. The Arjun Mark - II Tank, which is a third generation main battle tank developed by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation was unveiled at the fest. The Valedictory Ceremony was graced by the presence of Dr. Eesa Mohammad Basatki.
- Aaruush hosted a multitude of personalities like Dr. V.K. Saraswat, former Director General of DRDO (Chief Guest), Mr. Anand Kumar (founder of Super30), Miss Shradha Sharma(founder of YourStory), Sanjay and Shravan (two dynamic CEOs) in 2015. The audience was entertained by Agnee's exceptional performance.
- To commemorate it's 10th edition in 2016, Aaruush organised the first edition of T-Summit. The inaugural ceremony was presided over by Mr. Dilip Chhabria, founder of DC Design. Eminent personalities like Srijan Pal Singh, Parveen Singhal, Vinay Singhal and Shashank Vaishnav (Co-founders of WittyFeed) enlightened the students with their experience. For the Music and Comedy Nights, Aaruush had the pleasure of hosting Nikhil D'Souza and Kenny Sebastian respectively.
- The year 2017 saw Aaruush receive the UNESCO Patronage. Along with the first edition of SRM ECO RUN, a multitude of other events took place. The inaugural ceremony was graced by the presence of Retd. General Dr. V.K. Singh. Mira Erda, the youngest female formula racing driver and Arjun Vajpai, the third youngest Indian to climb Mount Everest among many shared their experiences in the Guest Lecture series.
- The 12th edition of Aaruush in 2018 was inaugurated by Chief Guest, Dr. A.S. Kiran Kumar, former Chairman, ISRO and Guest of Honour, Rear Admiral Alok Bhatnagar of the Indian Navy. The Guest Lecture series (now called Luminary Hours) was headlined by the likes of Mr. Prabhu Chawla, a Padma Bhushan recipient and Mr. Aseem Trivedi, the famous Indian political Cartoonist. Stand-Up Comedy was taken to new heights by Varun Thakur on Comedy Night, while the audience swayed to the melodies of Attva, The Non-Violinist Project and The Local Train in the Musical Night.
Structure[edit | edit source]
Aaruush consists of 14 domains covering all the departments of Engineering and Technology, 13 committees which provide front and back end support, and Team Envision, which is a Multidisciplinary Technical team that aims to provide solutions to most campus and societal issues. This fest offers the students a platform to showcase their ideas and to develop their skills. Starting from paper presentations and elaborate workshops to student expos and challenging events.
Each committee and domain is lead by an organiser or a team of organisers who ensure the optimal utilisation of the skills possessed by the members of the team. First year students join Aaruush as Volunteers, second year students are titled Committee Members, meritorious members from these get selected to be Committee Heads in third year and finally from this, the core team of organisers is selected, who are competent and dedicated final year students. The organising team of Aaruush consists of a working force of over 2000 students on campus who run the fest year-long.
Events[edit | edit source]
Pre-Aaruush[edit | edit source]
T-Summit[edit | edit source]
An Inter-college event, where delegates from premier institutions like IIT-Madras,NIT-Suratkal, NIT-Trichy, Manipal Institute of Technology among many others represent their college fest, share knowledge. It is an initiative that focuses on bringing out ideas and concepts to bridge the gap between technological advancement and social need such as education for underprivileged, defence, human health, entrepreneurship etc. The first edition was chaired by Avinash Chander, Scientific Adviser to the Defence Minister, the Director General of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the T-SUMMIT'18 was chaired by Mr. Atul Gurtu, Leader of the Indian Team at CERN.
Swastika[edit | edit source]
An inter-school quiz event aimed at bridging the gap between school and college students and also to give a gist about college level quiz events. Participants from schools all over the country had pitched in for this event.
Main days[edit | edit source]
Domain events[edit | edit source]
The 14 domains of Aaruush are namely Architecture, Bluebook, Digital Design, Electrizite, Fundaz, Konstruktion, Magefficie and Startups, Machination, Online, Praesentatio, Robogyan and Robotics Club, Vimanaz, X-Zone and Yuddhame. All these domains together cover the multiple aspects of engineering and management and come up with three to four challenging events every edition to put the participants cerebral juices to task. The events are not only informative but also a source of gaining exposure and applying the concepts of engineering and management in a way that increases their relevance. Aaruush conducts over fifty domain events each edition.
Expos[edit | edit source]
In this world of fast paced technology. Industrial knowledge and Technical know-how are the keys to scientific progress. At Aaruush, this is showcased at events called Expos. Expos are presented by organisations, industries and technical teams on a particular domain of interest to ignite the imagination of students. Such opportunities are given to the audience, by hosting multiple expos, organised by renowned institutions covering a broad spectrum of ideas. Some of the Expos organised in the past editions of Aaruush are:
- DRDO EXPO, where a model of Arjun MK-II Tank was showcased.
- Kalamsat, an artificial micro-satellite which can be held in one’s palm.
- HTC Vive- VR and AR Expo.
- Telescope and Binocular Expo.
- Neurosky Brainwave.
- Nino ROBOT.
- 3D Bio printer Expo.
- Portable Planetarium.
- Puzzlebox orbit helicopter.
- Air-force expo
- Naval expo
Luminary hours (formerly called Guest Lecture Series)[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Tessy Thomas (Missile woman of India)
- Mr. Aryan Mishra who discovered a near-earth asteroid during a nationwide asteroid search campaign
- Isher Judge Ahluwalia, Indian Economist
- Abhas Mitra, Indian Astrophysicist
- Mr. Aseem Trivedi, a Political cartoonist.
- Mr. Mudit Vijayverjiya, the co-founder and director of Curofy, the premium networking app for doctors.
- Shri. V. Balamurugan, Director CVRDE
- Aubrey De Grey (VIDEO CONFERENCE), Biomedical Gerontologist
- Miss Nikita Singh, Wittyfeed Alumni and Member of Wittyfeed.
- Mr. Ravi Kunduru (VIDEO CONFERENCE ), President and CEO of Ventech Solutions.
- Mr. Prabhu Chawla, Padma Bhusan recipient in 2003.
- Dr. Mohsin Wali, Padma shree recipient in 2007
- Mr. Sirish Vissa, Head of Motorsports, Volkswagen India Private Limited
Unconference[edit | edit source]
Unconference (UC) is a platform that aims to connect the institution and the outside world, providing exposure on marketing and business techniques to students. It is a participation driven forum where eminent guests take part in interactive session with the audience. A constructive disclosure is held based on the topic of discussion.
UC in Aaruush’18 was on “Choice of Indian Youth – Career or Passion and Right to privacy in today’s world” and involved panelists like Mr. Apar Gupta, Cofounder and Trustee at Internet Freedom Foundation and Mr. Rakshit Tandon, Cyber Security Consultant to Internet and Mobile Association of India.
Industrial Conclave[edit | edit source]
Industrial Conclave bridges the gap between industrialists, entrepreneurs and students. It is a forum which revolves around a central agenda. The aim of IC is to obtain a broad perspective on the challenges and risks faced by aspiring industrialists.
The agenda for IC in 2017 was, “GST: Boon or Bane”. It was presided over by Smita Nair and Anirban Datta.
The agenda for 2018 was, “Effect of Automation in industry and its implications in modern education system.” The panelists included Abhay Vaish, Sachin Sadare and Kumaran Surendran.
Workshops[edit | edit source]
Being a national level techno-management fest, Aaruush provides students a hands-on experience of the technologies in and around them and aims to elevate the learning experience for the students in the form of Workshops. The aim is to ensure that students are well-versed with the technologies that are blooming in the market. This includes dismantling and assembling a bike and a car which provided a very enthralling experience to the students.
- Stock Market and Financial management by National Institute of Securities Market (NISM-SEBI)
- Forensics Investigation by Indian Forensics organisation (IFO)
- Automotive Vehicle Overhauling by Goodwin Motors and BMW Skill Next Initiative
- Game Development Workshop by MSI, Nvidia and Unity
- Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFO) and AI by DRDO
- Adobe Spark Integrated web and mobile solution
- Media and Digital Marketing by WittyFeed
- Cloud computing by AZURE and Machine Learning
- Intelligent Devices and Smart Systems by IBM
- Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security workshop by Sunny Vagehla
- Hacktrack workshop by Ankit Fadia
Slingshot[edit | edit source]
Slingshot represents bringing together innovation, ideas and technology. This is an ideal platform for all the young entrepreneurs to bring forth their perceptions and conceptualise them with experience and actuality. In this millennial generation, Slingshot aims to construct an indestructible platform for all the young, aspiring and industrious entrepreneurs to present their ideas and implement them with mentor-ship and a rock-solid foundation. The event aims to enrich the interested and deserving students with exciting inputs to provide an opportunity and platform to showcase their ideas towards the fulfilment of their dream start-ups. It also acts as a means of connecting dreamers with real heroes of the start-up industry. Also, not only does it acts as a start-up launchpad platform but also provides participants with special skills an opportunity to freelance where they then get an opportunity to be hired by the start-ups.
Championship[edit | edit source]
A platform that brings people with similar mindsets together by giving them an opportunity to express their prowess in the technical field. The event comprised of Robowars, Quad/RC, sports and photography championships.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
An event comprising a set of challenging activities that test your technical abilities and adaptive skills under demanding situations. Code wars, Hackathon, Design/Canoe/Film Challenges are the included competitions.
Aaruush Nites[edit | edit source]
An event aimed at bringing all the learning minds to witness the entertainment side of Aaruush that provides the perfect breather for the participants through their kaleidoscopic display of arts and music.
Band Nite[edit | edit source]
Aaruush brings India's best musicians and entertainers to capture the audience with their voice or their mastery with the instruments. Some of the popular artists in the past editions of Aaruush are:
Comedy Nite[edit | edit source]
A stand-up comedy event held by India's funniest comedians who deliver some scintillating performances and keep our hearts filled with laughter. Artists have delivered some unforgettable experience for the audience over the last few editions of Aaruush like:
Social cause[edit | edit source]
Liter Of Light[edit | edit source]
Liter of light is a non-profit, global open source movement that focuses on providing cost-free, ecological and sustainable lighting to slums and poor households with thin roofs. To build a society where light is available to everyone regardless of their social status or economic background and to make sure that conventional source of light is readily available across villages and its strategic implementation.
The solar lights were made up of plastic bottles, plastic box and solar panel. It was made using waste material like plastic bottle because of which it were durable and had a positive effect on the environment. This campaign mainly focused on houses which had no electricity and aimed at bringing a change in the lives of people who are under the dire need for help.
SRM RUN[edit | edit source]
SRM RUN is a 5.4 km long run which is organised every year on Independence Day, 15th August. Every year a burning social issue is chosen as the theme of the run to promote and create among the students and masses. Aaruush also broke the Limca Book of Records under the category “Mass Participation – Biggest Eco Run” in which 1181 people participated and pledged to switch to 100% renewable energy.
- Clean SRM Green SRM | Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in 2015
- Clean SRM | Green SRM in 2016
- Go Clean | Go Green in 2017
- Run For A Cause
Aaruush Educates[edit | edit source]
Aaruush Educates with its motto “Empowerment through Education” is an effort of the Aaruush team towards the upliftment of the indigent and underprivileged by providing them with an opportunity to empower themselves. Through this initiative the event aims at providing a pragmatic approach on everyday learning and basic technical skills, safety rules and environmental sciences.
Patronages, Accreditation and Achievements/Recognition[edit | edit source]
Aaruush has been provided patronages from organisations like Skill India, Digital India, Ministry of Electronics and IT and SAYEN-CEE in 2018. These organisations have provided support to the organisation and Aaruush aims to streamline with their ideologies to serve a larger purpose.
SRM RUN held on Independence Day commemorates the aggregation of faculty and students alike to run for a cause. Aaruush broke the Limca Book of Records, under “Mass participation – Biggest ECO RUN”, in which 1181 people participated and pledged to switch to 100% renewable energy sources.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Home". Welcome to SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University) – India’s Premier Educational Institution. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "Student participants demonstrating a robot playing football at Aaruush, a National-level Technical festival at... | The Hindu Images". thehinduimages.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Sep 1, TNN | Updated:; 2010; Ist, 0:22. "Intuition should be encouraged among students | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "SRM University's Aaruush begins". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2011-09-07. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Aaruush 2015 From Sep 9". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Krishnan, Madhuvanti S. (2015-09-13). "Learning meets infotainment at SRM's Aaruush'15". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Naukri reCAPTCHA". verify.shiksha.com. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- Reporter, Staff (2016-10-02). "Curtain comes down on 'Aaruush'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- Reporter, Staff (2017-09-16). "Fest begins". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Codingest (2017-09-15). "எஸ்.ஆர்.எம் பல்கலைக்கழகத்தின் AARUUSH '17 - Chennai Patrika - Tamil Cinema News | Kollywood News | Latest Tamil Movie News | Tamil Film News | Breaking News | India News | Sports News". chennaipatrika. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Desk, Business. "SRM's Aaruush 2018 was grandly inaugurated and is lit with more than 2500 participants | News Broadcasting Agency from Tamilnadu". Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "AARUUSH, conducted in SRM Institute of Science and Technology". ARJUNA TV. 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- editor. "Students of SRMIST attempts Guinness World Record | ChennaiCityNews". Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Aaruush Dr.A.P.J. அப்துல் கலாம் போன்ற தனிப்பட்ட நபர்களுக்கு 2007 ஆம் ஆண்டு முதல் பதிப்பைத் தொடங்கி வைத்தார்". AM TV. 2017-09-15. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- editor. "T-Summit'17 SRM University: Aaruush'17 | ChennaiCityNews". Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- ANI (2016-07-13). "SRM University conducts technical summit on young innovation". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2019-05-13.
- "SRMIST'S Aaruush' 18 T Summit". Cine Info TV || Exclusive Website for cine fans. 2018-07-13. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Reporter, Staff (2015-09-09). "Fun and innovative learning fest begins at SRM University". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "SRM varsity technical festival under way". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2010-09-01. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Tech Fest Carnival kick starts at SRM University". www.aninews.in. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- admin (2017-09-15). "Aaruush '17 "Empowering Designs, Exalting Intelligence" INAUGURAL". B4 U Media. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Unconference on Social Media at SRM Aaruush". Social Beat. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Madhavan, T. (2017-09-20). "Electrifying show by students at university fest". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Naukri reCAPTCHA". verify.shiksha.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "AARUUSH'13". NurtureTalent. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Naukri reCAPTCHA". verify.shiksha.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Ethical Hacking Workshop By Sunny Vaghela SRM University Channai". www.newswire.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "SRM University presents two-day startup mentoring event Slingshot on 10-11 September in Chennai". SkillOutlook.com. 2016-09-09. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Startup Weekend Chennai". communities.techstars.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Unleashing creativity". The Hindu. 2015-09-08. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "S.Christopher (second from left) Director, Centre of Air Borne Systems, interacting with students... | The Hindu Images". thehinduimages.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Contest Page | CodeChef". www.codechef.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "Tech Fest Carnival Kick Starts at SRM University". www.newsvoir.com. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- "SRM celebrates their annual techno-management fest "Aaruush"". INFODEA. 2017-09-22. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- Kurian, Shiba (2018-05-18). "SRM students brighten up 15 houses in Guduvanchery". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- admin (2017-08-15). "SRM University organized the 5km long run as an attempt to break the Limca Book of Records for the "Biggest Eco Run"". B4 U Media. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- editor. "SRM University organized the 5km long run as an attempt to break the Limca Book of Records for the "Biggest Eco Run" | ChennaiCityNews". Retrieved 2019-06-13.
This article "Aaruush" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aaruush. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.