Acharya Surinder Sharma Shastri
|Acharya Surinder Sharma Shastri|
|Born||Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|🎓 Alma mater||B.A. M.A. Punjab University|
Hindu Priest, Public Speaker, Author
|🏢 Organization||Hindu Heritage Centre, Hari Krishan Publication, Bhaskar Panchang|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Hari Krishan Sharma, Devi Sharma|
Acharaya Surinder Sharma Shastri is a renowned Canadian Hindu priest and author.
He is responsible for the creation of the Hindu Heritage Centre and publishes the annual North American Bhaskar Panchang which is read by Hindus across North America. He came to Canada in the 1980's as a Hindu priest at Hindu Prarthana Samaj in Toronto. He then moved to Vaishno Devi Mandir. Following his time there, he started building the Hindu Heritage Centre. He has also written the Bhasker Panchang series that is published every year. The Bhasker Panchang is a Panchangam made for North America. Calculations for this panchang are all done by Acharya Surinder Sharma Shastri
- " Bhasker Panchang 2014"
- " Mississauga Hindu Heritage Centre: Not only a temple, but a Cultural Centre also" South Asian Generation Next. May 11, 2011 pg 1
- "Much anticipated Hindu Heritage Centre opens" Chad H. The Mississauga News. May 9, 2011. pg. C.25
- "Premier joins Hindu Celebration" John Stewart. The Mississauga News. May 5, 2011.
- " http://www.brahmanworld.org/pdfils/general/news-items/nc_toronto_minutes605.pdf"
- "Hindu Heritage Centre: More than a place of worship" Sunil Mehta Hindu Abroad.June 8, 2013 pg 4 C.10
This article "Acharya Surinder Sharma Shastri" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.